Sunday, July 24, 2011

Dansie Family Reunion Day 1 & 2

In June, we had our Dansie Family Reunion. Isaac loves getting together with his cousins, so it was 3 days of pure heaven for him! Thursday, we went to 7 peaks. We left Dax with my sister Liz. I'm so glad we did because I don't think he would have had much fun. Plus it was a little overcast and at times a little chilly. It was the first time taking Isaac there. I think he has mixed feelings about it. He loved the kids splash pad. There were fun things to climb on, little slides his size, and he didn't need his life jacket! Isaac and Lilly liked being there. 

We did get him to branch out and go on a few other rides, but he was never thrilled to go back. Brett, Em and I, loved the adult rides. I love the thrill of dropping so fast. It was very fun. We got Nancy to go on some and she liked most of them. One was a really steep drop, which she was not excited about, so I was glad when she was laughing at the end!

It was a great day with only a few catastrophes. Sadly, Elizabeth got sick, threw up, and grandpa took her home. Isaac flipped over riding in his tube in the wave pool.  One minute he was sitting upright, the next his feet were sticking straight out of the tube. Brett was quick and grabbed his legs and pulled him upside down out of the water.  Another ride down on the tubes, Isaac and I flipped coming out and tumbled under the water. Isaac didn't care for that either. And the 3rd thing was when he was playing in the kids section, he got a bit turned around and grandma and him lost each other. He went to the towels looking for me and then remembered I told him if he was ever lost, to stay where he was and I would find him. So he went back to the kids water, sat on the edge and waited. (My understanding is he was pretty scared and crying.) But because he was such a good listener, grandma found him! So other then a few drown-dings and scares, It was a fun day! Hopefully he will go back.

Day 2 we went horse back riding. Nancy's neighbor has horses and let the kids come over and ride them.
Isaac dressed in cowboy attire. Plaid shirt, red cowboy hat, jean (shorts!), and cowboy boots and buckle. CHECK! He looked awesome! He loved riding the horse.
I'm not sure who loved it more, Isaac or Dax. Dax was hysterical when he saw the horses. He had recently learned what a horse says and "Neighed!!!" the entire time we were there! Loudly!
He took a few turns on the horse. He rode around with Lilly, but them wanted another turn on his own.
Isaac, Dax, and Gramp fed the horses carrots.
Grandpa tried to get Dax to pet the horse. He was a little nervous touching the horses big nose!
Isaac practiced roping. He looked just like a real cowboy!
 We saw goats, but the kids were a little nervous petting them.
After lunch, grandma had lots of games planned for the kids in the backyard. They had so much fun doing all the little games and activities!
They had sack racing!

Balancing the marshmallow on the spoon, ring toss, bat-mitten, and
 the long jump! 
Shaylah took this picture! I thought it looked so cool.
 Dax was busy peeking in on the neighbors through the fence to see what they were up to!
 And perfecting his bat-mitten skills.
It was fun spending time with everyone. Especially because Brandon and Shaylah were getting ready to move to Georgia. We will miss seeing them often and visiting them in St. George!
At the end of the day we had a campfire and roasted marshmallows.
 I think the boys enjoyed their smores. Dax cared most about the marshmallows.

The older kids had a sleepover in grandmas basement while the adults when home and got some sleep. (Pretty sweet deal if you ask me!) In the morning, they had waffles and got ready for a bike ride, fishing, and more fun!

No comments: