Sunday, June 26, 2011

Isaac Turns FIVE!!!

I can't believe how old Isaac is getting. He will be going to Kindergarten this year! That's crazy. 
 He woke up so excited to be greeted with little little presents he opened throughout the day. He got some magic tricks, a couple of game for his leapster, silly bands....
 Toy Story 3! 
Really, he was thrilled with everything. I know he was wondering about one present in particular. (we were saving it for later.)
I went to school and spotlighted him. I also brought mini muffins and fruit roll ups to class, cause he loves those.  For months he's been insistent on a basketball cake. The kid loves basketball. So while he was gone I worked on icing his cake. He was so pleased when he got home, he had to take a picture of me frosting it!
 Here's a picture of the finished product. I did write, Happy Birthday Isaac! With a #5 on it. But I think it's so much cuter without all that. (I think it's cause I'm terrible at writing letters in frosting!) But it turned out cute. It was delicious cake! I got a lot of compliments! Pretty good considering it was a new recipie. It was chocolate cake with a pudding, chocolate chips, covered in a buttercream frosting. Yum!

For Isaac's birthday we weren't doing anything huge this year. I let him pick a couple of friends. (3 because it would be an even number and that's how many fit in my car.) Isaac wanted to go to Monkey Island. It's a place that has lots of blow up bouncy houses. It was fun and the kids got tuckered out! Isaac and I raced though them. He smoked me!
Dax was unsure of these big bouncy things...
 But he soon got into it and jumped like all the other monkeys! 
 It was a fun little outing. We had, Trevan, Isaac, Dallin, Jake and Dax. As I was taking a picture of them there were two random boys who kept asking why they couldn't be in our picture. Ummm, cause we don't know you?! Kids are funny. After we took them back to our house for pizza, presents and cake.
His friends were so nice to him. Trevan gave him a Thor sword. It's really heavy duty and he has loved playing with it. (Daxton does too!)
Dallin gave him some awesome hot wheel shooter cars... great for a house with hardwood floors! And Jake gave him a firehouse folding backpack. 

Then Isaac got his last present of the day... a new blue bike!!!!!! He was so excited!!!!!!! The fact that it was blue, with a kickstand, and a water bottle... he was thrilled!
After they road around outside, they munched down a bunch of pepperoni pizza.
 Isaac blew out his candles and everyone had cake and ice-cream. Normally, he eats the frosting only... but the cake was THAT good... he had the cake too! (Not to toot my own horn or anything!)

Now Dax and Isaac each have wheels and they can race each other! Happy 5th Birthday Isaac! We love you so much!

No comments: