I miss my mind the most!"
I really don't know where my mind has gone. Weird thing keep happening. I've heard you loose brain cells from having kids and used to think that was a myth. But now I'm thinking otherwise. I lost one of my house phones a week ago and turned my house upside down trying to find it. I've been out my front door dozens of time but yet today, I saw it sitting there on the railing. It was dead of course... but could I really expect anything else after having a storm this week? I'm still surprised after I dried it off, it charged and worked again!
I could go on with all the things I can't seem to remember, or my freak-outs as my husband calls them, (like when I wake up in the middle of the night and make his search the house for the "noise" I heard), but last night was a doozey! Actually is wasn't all me. Isaac had left a light on in our car which of course drained that battery. We were in a hurray to meet up with our friends for dinner at their house. So, Brett moved his truck closer, jumped the car, I closed the hood and we were on our merry way! 5 hours later we came home, opened the garage, and what did we find? A running truck and a very smelly garage!
Honestly! How? How did we BOTH forget to turn off the truck? Who does that? We took our sleeping boys into their beds which let some of the fumes in the house. Panic started to set in. All the "what if's" and stories I've heard of Co2 poisoning came to my mind. Using our common sense, (and a little internet research that scared me more) we decided it was better to be safe then sorry. So, Brett called his parents at 12:30 a.m., we picked up our sleeping kids and went to spend the night at grandma's until the fumes were gone. I'm still shaking my head! Glad everyone and our house was safe!
On the bright side, Isaac was pleasantly surprised when he woke up (and a little confused) that we got to have a family sleep-over at grandma's! He thought it was pretty fun. So did Dax, from 4-5:30 a.m. he spent his time crawling on Brett and I, hitting us to wake up! That's a night I hope to never repeat!
No comments:
Post a Comment