On Christmas morning Brett turns into a little kid again. He wakes up SUPER early wondering when the kids will wake up. I get up, brush my teeth, put in my contacts, plug in the lights, all why Brett is begging me to let him wake up the kids. No way! There is no way I want them to be grumpy. Brett did finally sneek into the boys room to fine Isaac who was awake and excited sitting on his bed. He saw Santa had left a couple of presents under the tree for him and Daxton. He couldn't wait to open them. Movies! Ice Age 1 and 2 and How to Train Your Dragon. While all this was going on in the same room as Daxton, I was surprised to find that he was STILL sleeping.
Isaac ran out in the living room, circled the room 3 or 4 times before his daddy had to point out the biggest present in the room! His eyes were so big! But since the tag said to Isaac and Daxton, he had to wait. He finally talked me into waking up Dax. Look close at the picture, that is a very sleepy Daxton!One thing that wasn't on Isaac's wish list was a big car to ride in. (How could Santa fit that in his sleigh?) Isaac and Dax must have been REALLY good boys this year cause Santa managed to surprise them with a shiny, red, Hummer!
The boys were so excited!!!!
There wasn't much room to drive in the kitchen, they tried and they crashed into the couch. We talked them into waiting until we took it outside. Isaac was all for that and ready to open some presents.
Daxton on the otherhand was never going to leave this car again! We tried to take him out and he would yell. He was happy where he was. Behind the couch, steering his Hummer. It was love at first sight.Brett finally moved the Hummer into the living room so Dax could open some presents and be apart of Christmas with the family instead of from behind the couch. Didn't matter to him. He was just tickled to be sitting in a car. Every present was opened in that car.
Fuzzy blankets are big deal to Daxton. So he gave one to Isaac. (Good thing, cause Isaac was a little jealous of all of Daxton's fuzzy, warm blankets. According to him, his had become to cold!)My husband loves me! For 2 years I have watched QVC (one of my favorite night time holiday shows) and I would dream of the day I would have my mirrored armoire. Well, I got it! It is a long mirror... so now we can see what a complete outfit looks like... no more standing on the toilet to see! When you open it, it is an amazing jewelry organizer! Earrings hung in pairs, necklaces hung in a row, bracelets tucked away in it's own compartment or represented across the jewelry bar if you would rather. A whole section just for your rings! it's beautiful! It's keeps rust off your jewelry... really a dream armoire that every girl should have!
You wanna know my second part to this present? It sounds silly but I giggled the whole time. Brett let me order it. I have ALWAYS wanted to buy something from QVC, but can never bring my finger to dial the number. I'm sure Brett was going to order it online, but he saw me watching it one night and laughed. He handed me the phone and told me to call. It was so much fun! And easy! I actually had to order sheets a month later. (Supima Cotton sheets at an amazing price! Cheeper the the ones I just bought that same day.) Well let me just tell you, order from QVC the 2nd time, is super easy, super fast, and just as fun! I've haven't watched the channel since. I don't want to tempt myself!
Brett was so sweet to me. He even went clothes shopping and picked out 2 shirts for me! Such a great guy!
Brett's Christmas (in my opinion) was very random! He needed a new gun case, that actually would fit his riffle. He got some clothes and things but I also gave him BIG RUBBER BOOTS! Who would get excited about this? Brett. Oh he loves them! Every time he wears them he can't say enough great things about them. They are easy to put on, especially in the winter when he has to see the dog, the will wash off easy, they are tall so he doesn't get snow in his shoe, and they are warm. Who knew a big boot could make a man so happy! I had actually been hiding them at my sisters house in her office. Between the smell of rubber boots and hot office equipment, she thought something was going to blow up! Until she realized it was just the smell of these big ol' boots! haha. Sorry Liz!
Isaac got a leapster! He was so thrilled about it and he does a good job playing it.
And of course, the walking robot!!! He wasn't expecting it to be so big! (I wasn't expecting it to be so loud! You know when the robot is getting ready to blow something up!)And here Daxy sits.... still in the Hummer. I even had to give him a taste of the Butterscotch Sticky Buns before I could get him to leave the car! Still, a month later when we walk by it in the garage he still has to sit in it, even if it's just for a minute. He screams and cries if you don't let him.
Daxy loves that Isaac will drive him anywhere he wants.
Watch out!!!! Isaac can be a crazy driver! Actually, when he was driving around he asked me, "mom do you think it would be okay if I went and picked up Lacy for a ride sometime?" (Lacy is the little neighbor girl who lives a couple of houses down.) He loves to ride with his BFF Trevan. Those two together act all tough and cool when they are in the car together... I think it sounds like trouble to me!Nancy, LaMonte, Grandma Neilsen, and Luis (A friend from Brazil) came out to see us that morning. It was so much fun. I am loving watching the boys are Christmas morning the older they get!
No comments:
Post a Comment