Sunday, August 1, 2010

I Am SPEEEED!

Isaac has been begging Brett to take off his training wheels, but we didn't have a helmet so I wouldn't let him. We finally went to the store, Isaac picked out a helmet and the minute Brett got home, he said, "k dad! I have a helmet, take off my training wheels!" I wasn't home but Brett said he expected to run after him, holding onto him or awaiting a crash... but non of that happened. Brett gave him a little push and off he went! As I was driving down the street I saw Isaac at the top of the hill, wobbly getting on his bike. With a smile he said, "Mom! Watch this!" And off he went. Yes, I'm a sap, I couldn't believe my baby boy was riding a bike! His little legs would pump so fast as he would turn corners, go over bumps, and go up hill... I was so proud of him. 

Like father, like son I am told. When Brett's sister was learning to ride a bike, Brett jumped on and started riding it. (Much to his sisters frustration.) Isaac was very much the same way. I still can't believe my new little 4 year old is riding a 2-wheeler. He even peddled his little bike up hill to the park! 

Here is a clip of him the first day. He was still pretty wobbly and he wasn't sure about slowing down to a stop, so crashing on the grass was a good option that day. He now can start on his own, zoom wherever he wants and can slow to a stop. Way to go Isaac! We are so proud of you!

No comments: