We had a family vacation with Brett's side of the family this past week. We stayed in a house near Jordanelle reservoir. The first day everyone went to the reservoir and swam. Brett had to work late, so we sent Isaac and came up a little later in the day.
It made me nervous that Isaac would be in "big" water without a life-jacket, but I've never bought him his own. I saw my old one at my parents house, so I grabbed that. Obviously, from the picture, it was a little big, plus they have definitely improved the technology of how life jackets fit since I was a kid! I think it's time to buy him his own.
We spent the next day in Park City! It wasn't very hot so it was great day to go.
Brett was kind enough to let me take Isaac on the rides. (Actually, he gets motion sickness so he usually doesn't care if he gets to go or not.) I thoroughly enjoyed myself! Isaac has never been on the lift or any of the rides, so I was excited to take him. I need a buddy who likes to go on rides in my family!
Isaac loved the Alpine Slide! He wanted to go super fast, as did I. I did get a little nervous where I'm was in control, I would sure hate to hurt Isaac on the ride. We also went on the Alpine Coaster together. That was new for both of us and it was a blast! I would scream (cause that's how I am on roller-coasters!) So Isaac would let out a small scream - not really sure why we were screaming. Maybe kids just don't have fear? But he loved it and thought it was great fun! I would totally go in it again!
The kids played in a some bouncy houses for a while and we ended the day with a picnic on the grass and a slushy. Daxton starred anyone down who came near him with a slushy. Grandma Nancy couldn't handle his big eyes starring her down, so she ran over and gave him bites of hers. He loved it! (Who wouldn't? It's flavored ice!) He chowed down on Isaac's after that.
We went to the pool, not nearly as much as I would have liked, (good thing the adults had a hot tub back at the house!) but the kids enjoyed themselves until the rain clouds rolled in and landed on us. Isaac had his goggles (because we can't do anything water related without them!) And my old kick board. This kick-board is awesome! It's very old school and very thick and rubbery. It's so fun. Brett and Brandon took turns standing on it in the water. I tried, but just like when I was a kid it slipped out from under me. I taught Isaac how to ride it like a horse, which he thought was pretty cool. He also loved the fact that it was mine when I was a kid. He's always interested to know what I did when I was younger. If Brett hogged it too long, Isaac would inform him, "that was mom's when she was a kid and now she really wants me to use it!"
Daxton loved the water! He did cry when he first got in because it was a tad chilly. But once he got over the initial shock, he kicked his legs with the rest of them and had a blast. Isaac came over and pushed him away from me. I about died that my little 8 month old boy was floating in a tube, by himself, without me standing right next to him! (Don't worry, I grabbed him pretty fast.) And how cute is he in his hat? He seriously was cracking me up every time he wore it! I thought he was so stinkin' cute in it!
The house we stayed in was so nice. (Other then the mouse that ran our from under the fridge. Brett was my hero though and smacked it with a broom, leaving it dead as a doornail.) We all had our own rooms - except Nancy and LaMonte who were sweet and gave up a real room for a murphy bed. I loved having my own bathroom and king size bed - one day I will own one! I love them. The kids shared a bunk-bed room, which they loved! It was fun to see them all get along and have fun together. The flew airplanes, took giant bubble baths, played air hockey, and just hung out with each other. I'm glad they all get along.
Dallin and Isaac overflowing in bubbles.
We went to a well known train shop - famous for their food and shakes in Heber. It was packed! The kids liked playing on the train table outside.
Isaac's food came in this green hat. Dax seemed to like it.
After that, most of the crew went on the Heber Valley Railroad. Shaylah and I ran errands (aka running to the outlet stores in Park City) We would have gone but sitting on a hot train for an hour and a half with 2 babies didn't sound like fun for anyone involved.
I hear we didn't miss much. Brett said someone would have to pay him $100 dollars before he stepped back on that train. I guess it's kind of a boring ride if it's not the specialty ones, like the Polar Express.
The kids said there was a lot of weeds to look at!
At the very end (for about 30 seconds) some robbers came on the train. Isaac said they were kind of nice (funny, cause Breah and Lilly didn't care for them at all!) I guess they ran on and ran off. Very exciting! I guess it's all in the experience!
Grandparents with their grandkids!
It was a really fun trip and it felt so nice to get away. We did some school shopping on the last day, which I found out how big Isaac really is. Some of his clothes we bought him were no-longer toddler sizes - he's graduating to the big kids clothes. We then went home, unpacked and got ready to spend the 24th in Mona to finish up our family vacation.
1 comment:
Your vacation sounds so fun, and it seems like you did such a good job summarizing it and showing some pictures from each part. (I have such a hard time whittling things down sometimes that I freeze up and don't post anything.) I just love Isaac's comment about how you want him to use the kickboard. And Dax is to-die-for cute in that hat!
Post a Comment