Isaac is 4! I can't believe he is getting so big, it really doesn't seem like I had him 4 years ago. This past year Isaac learned about "friend parties" and he has been planning his for at least 8 months. (So I guess we are having a party? I thought to myself.) His theme was originally Power Rangers, but then he saw Spiderman and had to have a Spiderman Party! (Better for me, you can actually find Spiderman party stuff in the store!) Liz came over and helped me decorate. It turned out really darling! We had the red and blue streamers going from all the corners up to the center of the main room and then we made a balloon chandelier to hang down from the fan! (That of course was Lizzys idea. She really is brilliant!)
We then took those colored game pieces and the kids used them as markers for "Pin the Spiderman on the Web!" Some kids did really good and almost landed it right in the middle! It was very fun.
We then played a couple rounds of musical chairs. The kids were so funny at one point they were all stomping around the circle like elephants to the beat of the music. The older kids were definitely more aggressive and could snatch the chair away from the unsuspecting 3 year old. But they had good time and were really good sports about when they got out.
Our third game was my favorite! I told the kids there were bad guys lurking around our house waiting to get Spiderman, so our job was to go out and "web" them. (Silly string was our web choice!) I had sticks in the ground with pictures of Green Goblin, Rhino, Lizard and several other villains of Spiderman. The kids got really excited and ran out of the house charging after these guys and spraying them. I loved it! It was so much fun.
After the games we went inside and opened presents. Isaac got so many fun things, his friends were really sweet to him. Some of the younger ones were so excited they were unwrapping their present for Isaac before they gave it to him!
Isaac's friends were so nice to him. He got some very fun boy toys! He got Bakugans (which he has been wanting!) A Power Ranger, Transformer, giant dirt truck, golf set, and the biggest hit that everyone had to try, an Iron Man mask and shooting arm gun. Very cool stuff! He was super excited.
I always make way too much cake, cause I figure I would rather be safe then sorry. We had tried these Oreo cupcakes that Isaac loved, so I turned it into a cake. You have to be careful with that cause it didn't turn out as fluffy and I liked, (what do I really know!) but it worked. Then I panicked cause I put a cake dome over the cake and it sunk a bit in the middle. So, I made Oreo cupcakes too! We blew out the candles on the cake - we had too, we put the chunky Spiderman and Electo-man on top! Then to make it easy we gave the kids a cupcake and chocolate chip ice-cream. We've never had that flavor, Isaac picked it. It was actually pretty good!
This kids were seriously quite! I guess how can you talk while your shoving cake in your mouth? While all this was going on, we were pouring our cement outback. We had poured it that morning, but our friend Mark was finishing working on it. We pulled Isaac out of his party for a second to stamp his hand in the little pad. We managed to keep the kids away from it. Well, except for my nephew who snuck out and accidently stepped in it! (It was fixable!) Isaac's hand is adorable and we stamped Daxton's little foot, so darling!
It was such a fun party and Isaac and the kids all had a great time! We finished off with Spiderman masks and goody bags. The boys had fun running around pretending to be Spiderman.
It was such a fun party and Isaac and the kids all had a great time! We finished off with Spiderman masks and goody bags. The boys had fun running around pretending to be Spiderman.
Happy 4th Birthday, Isaac. We love you so much! Your such a joy in our home. You make us laugh everyday, keep us in line, and you are the best brother in the world!
No comments:
Post a Comment