Thursday, June 17, 2010

Daxton Doings! 6-7 Months Old

My sweet baby is growing so fast, I can't believe I have had him for over 7 months! I tried shoving him back into the tea cup I had put him in when he was first born. He didn't care for it and he really didn't fit like he did when he was 2 weeks old! 


He started eating food around 6 months and has grown into a small monster. He can't be around food without growling loudly until you put something into his mouth. And even then, you can't shovel it in fast enough!
Here is what he looked like when he started eating food...

And Now...
I'm telling you, I try and scrape his mouth carefully but between his hands grabbing at every bite trying to devour his food, he ALWAYS comes out looking like this. He has a number of foods he loves, sweet potatoes, (which I made my own and froze into baby size portions... he loves them better then the jar!) peas, (peas were his first taste of food, he loved it) green beans, carrots, applesauce, cereal, yogurt, Go-gurts (Yes... I said a Go-gurt. He will eat a whole one! I mistakenly went to give him one when I was suppose to give it to Isaac. The minute I took it away he went into hysteria, crying and screaming... so I figured, I would let him try it and now he goes crazy when he sees his brother eating one.) He also enjoys graham crackers, puffs, and fishy crackers... he has no teeth but can numb just about anything you put in his mouth. Though he loves all these things, I have to say his favorite thing is...

WATERMELON! 
Oh boy. He would bite chunks off so I had to start putting it in those baby mesh bags. He sucks it down so fast the minute it's gone he gets so angry. He knows what he wants I guess!

This past month Dax has gotten really pretty good at sitting up and because he has grown so much he wasn't fitting in his baby swing, bouncer, or baby tub. If I tried to put him in any of them, he would sit up so far in the bouncer or swing I thought he would fall out and in the tub he would splash so much I ended up wiping down the entire bathroom and myself. So since he started eating it's become tradition to throw him and Isaac in a bath together after dinner, killing two birds with one stone. It works wonderfully! Dax squeals the minute you say "you want a tubby tub?" Or if he hears the water run he goes nuts! He kicks so much Isaac finally got used to all the water splashing and getting kicked by his little brother in the tub.



Dax continues to roll, roll, and roll some more. He really only rolls to the right, which helps him get stuck under beds and tables. The minute you put him down, he's usually off rolling. I've seen him turn once to the left, he just hasn't figured out he can keep going that way! 



Dax really is such a happy baby. It's rare he cries. If he is sad, it's super sad cause he tightens his lips together and says, "Hmmmmm!!!" He's normally smiling and laughing, which there really isn't a better sound then that. He thinks animal sounds are hilarious along with his crazy brother who will do ANYTHING to make him laugh. I catch myself telling Isaac to stop doing this and that to his brother... and then realizing Daxton really loved being pushed across the floor in his walker, or having that giant blanket thrown on his head. I'm glad he likes it, cause it makes me crazy. 



I love his chub! I wish adults could look that cute with rolls! I have always loved when babies play with their toes, but he rolls so fast it took forever to get a picture of it! He has turned into a mamma's boy, which makes his dad a little sad. Brett will try and comfort him if he's sad but the minute I walk over to him, he quits crying. Brett says it's not fair. (I think it's plenty fair after carrying him for 9 months! It makes it worth it, don't you think?) We play the "passing" game with Dax. We put our hands out to see who Dax will come to. He always chooses me! He will go to Brett most of the time, but it makes me smile when he tucks his little head into my shoulder and wants to stay with me! 

Now I know babies can't talk, but I am telling you, I swear he knows my name is mom. Brett and I have tested this theory out so many times. If he is sad and I walk over by him, he smiles. If I walk away when he wanted to be picked up (which I love he will put his little arms up for me to grab him now) he will burst into tears and cry, saying "maaaahm!" I know, I'm probably reading into it more then I should. But then I walk back and he smiles. Brett and I both think he knows what he's saying... even if it's not, I don't want you to tell me otherwise. I like to think he knows how to call for me. It makes me happy. He has heard my voice over the phone though and gets really excited, so at least he knows me well enough even when I'm not around.



Dax met his new cousin Tayven. It's amazing what 6 months can do in size!


Dax went to the Doctor for his 6 month check up and he really didn't grow that much. But I don't believe it because his clothes say otherwise. He's in the 11%tile for height and 18th for weight. He had to get another shot. It's so sad to see him smiling so happy at the nurse and then they poke him. He takes it like a champ though and only cries for a second until I pick him up.

I really couldn't ask for a better baby. I just wish I could ask for him to stay little for a while and not keeping growing. But I must say, I do love that Isaac and Daxton our becoming friends. This age is more what Isaac was expecting when he came home from the hospital. He wanted a friend and even though he loved Dax, he couldn't play with him. Now they are constantly giggling together and I love it! The other day I found Dax bundled in blankets. Isaac told me that Dax was very cold! I'm glad he is looking out for him. 

No comments: