I've said it before and I'll say it again, I can't believe how fast babies grow! I feel like I just had Daxton and now he is this little baby with personality who just won't stop growing! He changes so fast. Every week that goes by he learns something new. He's really grown into looking like his "own" person!
He loves sitting up and being part of the action. He is so content sitting in his highchair when we are all at the table. Isaac used to make me sit by him at every meal but now that Dax can sit there, Isaac loves having his buddy next to him and Brett and I get to sit by each other again!
Daxton has a nickname, we call him "doodle." I'm really not sure where it came from... I'm thinking it's from when he was first born I used to sing, "Daxton doodle went to town, riding on a pony." Instead of yankee doodle. We all call him doodle now and he responds to it, so it stuck. He's our little Daxy doodle!
Dax loves his saucer especially because he really loves to stand! His legs are so strong. If you try and sit him on your lap he won't let you. My sister Liz was holding him and for 20 minutes she would sit him on her lap, he would arch his back and slide down her legs just so he could stand. He's very determined!
He went to his 4 month appointment (which falls closer to 5 months old then 4) and the Dr. was thrilled with how he was growing.
Weight: 15 lbs (40th%)
Length: 25 inches (49th%)
Head: 16 incehs (5th%)
His head is so much smaller then Isaac's, it just makes me laugh! Before he got his shots he was so happy, smiling at the nurses. Then they shot him in the leg and he burst into tears. What a mean trick! They handed him to me and he stopped crying pretty quick and even gave them a half smile... he obviously wasn't to sure what to think of them anymore!
My little sister, Kenzi and I went to Cedar City this past month to check out the college. We went to this little pub and it happened to have graham crackers on the side of our salad. So if you want to get technical, Daxton's first food was a graham cracker... and he loved it! I'm definitely more lax with Daxton then I was with Isaac, but I love when they start getting interested in food! It's so fun to feed them!
We decided to hop over to St. George since we were so close and visit my grandparents. They have never met Daxton so I was so excited to introduce him! When I showed up my grandpa had the cutest smile on his face asking me where I had been. I know he forgets quickly these days, but to see his sweet face looking up at me was priceless. I reminded him I had a baby and when I opened the car seat to show him, my grandpa started to cry and rave about what a "beautiful baby" he was. It was so sweet to watch him hold Daxton's little hand. Dax was fond of grandpa too. He smiled at him so big, grandpa just couldn't stop looking at him. I am so grateful I could go visit with him because that small moment in time meant the world to me.
I sat and chatted with grandma grandpa and reminded him I had 2 boys now. He said he wanted me to teach them how to fish. I told him how my oldest, Isaac really wanted a fishing pole because he loves it so much. Grandpa started to cry, put his hand over his heart and said, "let me buy him one!" I know he would in a second if he could but it was just nice to know that passion for fishing is still deep inside grandpa and he remembers how much he loves it. I promised grandpa I would teach my boys how to fish and that Isaac would get a fishing pole. He seemed very please about that.
The best part about introducing Daxton to grandpa was I realized the similarities between them. When Dax was born, he didn't look like Isaac nor did he have the Dansie head. He is very much a Sealy boy! He has grandpas same small head (little stray hairs included), long ears, and bright blue eyes! I had forgotten what bright blue eyes grandpa had and now Dax has them. I kept telling grandpa how much they looked alike.
Grandma liked holding Dax. I know he is heavy and it was hard for her but she seemed so happy having him there. I hate seeing my grandparents get old, but I love being around them every chance I get. And I am so glad they got to met Dax.
Daxton's back is getting really strong and over Easter weekend, the weather was nice for a bit so we took him outside. Brett and I were laughing because he hasn't seen the outside too much. Thanks to my car-seat cover, Dax hasn't seen much of the outside. He was squinting the whole time, looking around at everything. He was fascinated by the grass and kept grabbing at it. As he was sitting there I realized how strong his back was. He can't sit up straight, but he's balancing and starting to sit up more on his own!
This past week he also has discovered his toes. He can touch them with his fingers and enjoys reaching for them... if only he could grab them I think he would be thrilled! Like all babies, Daxton enjoys people paying attention to him. He has his mom and dad who smile at him all day long and a brother who dances around him, playing peek-a-boo every chance he gets. Isaac has even figured out how to climb the crib to help unwrap Dax, give him his binki and entertain him if I don't come get him right away. (Which has been really nice if I'm super tired in the morning!) Daxton thinks Isaac is so funny. Seriously, Isaac can make Dax giggle so loud! If Dax isn't getting attention, it's no longer a problem. When I was in Cedar City Dax discovered he had a voice. It's a high pitch screech and it catches everyones attention. The past few weeks he has even figured out how to scream louder with a big smile after he gets the attention he fully deserved. Other days I swear he is saying "hi." It sounds just like it. I know it's just baby babble but it's so cute to hear! Here's an example of his scream the night he figured it out.
We just love this kid and are enjoying every minute we spend with him!
No comments:
Post a Comment