Daxton is 3 months old now and I can't believe how fast he is growing! He is so tall he fills out his 3-6 month clothes already. Who knows if they will last 3 more months!

Dax in his darling football outfit - 2 months old.
At 2 months Dax went to the Dr. for his checkup. Dr. Wilcox laughed at out much he had grown and chunked up! I guess it's nice that both of my boys know how to eat when they want to! Here's his 2 month stats:
Length: 23.5 in., 59th %tile (Grown 3 inches)
Weight: 12.41 lbs., 54th %tile (Gained 5 lbs!)
Head: 15.5 in., 25th %tile (Grown 1 -1/2 inches)

I hate watching my babies get their immunizations. It makes me so sad. One minute Dax is happy as a clam, the next he is hysterical and in tears. And not just small tears, big crocodile ones. It breaks my heart every-time!

Daxton is such a happy baby. He loves attention and will let you know when he's not getting enough. He loves being talked to and gooed at for hours on end. It's not enough for me just to be by him, my face has to be smiling and looking at him for him to be pleased. But I have to admit he has the cutest goo! I feel like he has so much to say... if only they were real words - because he can goo for a while! He loves Isaac and is starting to think he is pretty funny with all the faces he makes at him.

My friend, Amber let me borrow her Bumbo... yes it's purple! Very manly! Isaac will see them at Wal-Mart and ask me to buy Dax a green one. But Dax loves it and prefers to sit up instead of lay on his back. He sits in it when I'm getting ready in the morning, which is nice cause he likes to stare at himself in the mirror or while we are eating.

He is getting more mobile. He figured out how to arch his back when he doesn't want me to put him down. It's really annoying to me because he slides right out of something before I can buckle him in! And as I'm typing this he is sitting on my lap, arching his back, and sliding down my legs! (This is probably why I don't get much time on the computer anymore!)

Daxton is very ticklish! He will make the cutest faces and let out such a cute giggle... I just can't stop kissing and tickling him! Every time I pick him up or lay him down to be changed, I can't resist his chubby little cheeks! I just have to kiss them. I also love Daxton's hair. There isn't a lot of it, but it's growing and it's so soft. I have to be careful when I rub his little head because then Isaac wants to rub his hair and frankly, I'm afraid he might rub it right off!

He loves his little blankets. They are soft and comforting to him, especially when he sleeps. His green one is extra special because his Aunt Shaylah made it for him! It's been put to good use. Because Isaac was such a terrible sleeper I vowed to myself I would do whatever it took to make my next child sleep good! So far, so good! Dax would sleep 6 hours at 2 months and when he hit 3 months he learned to sleep for 8 hours straight at night! It has been wonderful! His naps are only 50 minutes long (1 1/2 hrs when I'm lucky) but at least he is consistent when he goes down. Every time I lay him down (as long as he is wrapped like a burrito) I am amazed at how he closes his eyes, sucks on his binki, turns his head and goes to sleep - with minimal crying. It really makes me happy! He was doing so good I even put away the bassinet and he sleeps all night in his crib. The boys share a room so I was a bit concerned about how Isaac would handle Dax occasionally crying, but it hasn't seem to bother him. He will put his blanket over his head and disregard Dax's crying. Even in the middle of the night it hasn't been a problem. Both of boys sleep well through noise luckily. One night Brett and I were putting something together at midnight... and there was a lot of hammering. I was positive all the banging would wake them both, but I was wrong... they just kept on sleeping! It's a beautiful thing!

Dax has learned to hold things which makes Isaac ecstatic! He will scream and inform me of the latest thing Daxton is holding. Dax drools like a leaky kitchen sink. I was never one for liking the "bib" look... but I can see why wearing a bib is valuable or I end up changing his clothes 3 times a day!

Daxton 3 months old
He really is a happy, easy baby. He loves his binki, baths, lights, music, his tongue - he's good at sticking his out when you stick your out, I think he would love eating if I would let him, and of course being talked to. The other day I was trying to get something done on the computer and I just needed a minute longer, which apparently was too long for Dax. He started screaming and letting me know he was less then thrilled that I wasn't picking him up. After a minute of this Isaac appeared around the corner with a very annoyed tone in his voice and said the following: "MOM! You just have to talk to him! If he says, goo... you say goo back. You don't just say hi. You have to talk to him and then he will be happy!" Isaac really loves his brother and he makes sure he is being well taken care of. He is always informing me of things Dax loves... he loves to hold his finger, smile, and he likes when Isaac talks funny to him. I'm sure Dax appreciates that!

And the last thing about my little peanut is how much he loves his hands! If he could he would fit all of his fingers into his mouth... believe me, he's tried! In the night if he can't find his binki he will get so mad he will inch his hands out and I will find him sucking on his fingers... it's really cute. I just love this kid!
No comments:
Post a Comment