I'm not sure how it got to be almost Christmas time because I'm still trying to figure out where November went. I have to admit, it was quite the month adjusting to having two children. It may have been that I was really sore and on pain killers, but on top of recovering, Isaac was getting better from having croup and a secondary infection of pneumonia. He was really good to wear a mask around the baby and tried to keep his coughing to himself.
My Aunts needed a current family picture for a project they were working on, so my brother took a photo for us. (I just love being photographed after just having a baby! Ha ha)As the month went on the kids started to get better but Brett and I still were running on little to no sleep. So we have been thrilled that most of the time, Dax has learned to sleep a straight 5 hours in the night! He also can be laid down AWAKE and fall to sleep on his own. He actually prefers that. When he's really tired and you try to cuddle him, his face gets red and he gets so fussy. (I realize most people lay their kids down to go to sleep, but I held Isaac all the time and he was a terrible sleeper, so this has been a wonderful discovery!!!)
Daxton is growing like a weed. I wish I could keep him small. He's even growing out of his newborn pajamas we had to buy him cause nothing else fit him when he was born. Now (at 7 weeks) they are so tight on him I think his legs could pop right through the bottoms. At his 2 week check up he had grown so much. His stats were:
Weight: 7.85 lbs (23rd %)
Height: 20 1/2 in. (40th %)
Head: 14 in. (19th %)
That was fun for me to see cause Isaac was in the 50th % for weight and height, but his head was in the 75th%!!! Brett and I are surprised at how different Dax has been from Isaac. He even looks so different. (I guess we shouldn't be too shocked, they are two different people!) Dax continues to grow and I wouldn't be surprised if he's already 11 or 12 lbs. He's chunked up a lot. What can I say, he loves to eat!
We had a small Thanksgiving at my moms with 3 of my sisters, Aleesha, Kenz and Rachel. Zander and Isaac had a blast running around together and making apple turkeys with gumdrop feathers.
Daxton and Great Grandma Mona
Before we went home, we ran over to Brett's parents house to see Grandma Mona. It was the first time she met Dax and seemed to really like him. (Who couldn't? He's so cute!)
Isaac, Mom, and Daxton
Daxton really loves Isaac and sometimes doesn't even squeak when Isaac gives him squishy hugs.
Isaac calls Dax "Daxt" with a "t". Brett and I think it's so cute, we don't ever want to correct it.
At 4 weeks we were playing peek-a-boo with Dax, pulling a blanket off his head and he smiled! No, it wasn't gas. I know the difference! It was the cutest smile. This was the closest picture I could get. But he continues to smile at everyone who gives him attention, especially Brett and Grandpa Dale. He even "goos" back at them... I think "baby goos" are the cutest!
I really can't get enough of this little guy. His eyes have turned bright blue and he opens them so big! I could kiss his little chubby cheeks all day. I'm glad he is growing so well and glad we are all finally feeling better. Life is getting back to normal and I think I am finally figuring out how to juggle 2 kids. I really am thankful for Isaac cause he is a big help to me! We have even ventured out to the store a couple of times. It takes longer, and we can't dottle, but I think I'm finally getting the hang of having two kids.
2 comments:
Yay for all the pics! It makes me even more anxious to see you guys tomorrow. I can't believe how much Daxton has grown, and we are healthy (knock on wood) this time so maybe I'll actually get to come near him! See you soon!
Oh my goodness, Ash, that Dax is so ADORABLE! I'm calling you next week and we are coming to visit! I can't believe I haven't met that handsome man, yet!
Post a Comment