Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Just Silliness!

As we have been adjusting to life with a baby and getting ready for Christmas here's what Isaac has been up to:

He managed to hurt the same foot 3 times in one week by jumping off the bed, falling off the counter, and jumping down the stairs... lucky for us he didn't break it and just sprained it. My sister has been storing a few things in our basement and this car is one of them. As he was feeling a little "gimpy" it came in handy as he drove everywhere in the house. It seemed to make him feel better. I don't know if it's just his age, but he seems to get hurt a lot, usually because he doesn't watch where he is going. We often here a splat here or a boom there and then we hold our breath waiting to hear him jump back up or burst into tears.

He continues to adore Dax. I often find him entertaining him with toys, singing to him, or reading him stories.
He loves preschool and is always excited to go! He loves art and Miss Angela says she thinks it's his favorite time in class. He loves being with his friends and has enjoyed carpooling with 3 little friends to school. Miss Angela told me a story about him and his friend Trevan at "rug time."

"Both of them love the color blue and there are only 2 blue rugs in class. They noticed that the other one would be sad if they didn't get to sit on the blue rug, so they learned as they are running for their rug, either of them grab both blue rugs and take it to each other."

I think it's really sweet, but I was also trying to explain to Isaac he should really let the other boys in class take a turn sitting on the blue rug! He has really learned so much these past few months. I'm amazed at his letter recognition, writing and tracing, and cutting out shapes. I'm so glad he enjoyes going to school. He loves his mini homework that gets sent home... I should really remember how much he loves homework so I can remind him of it when he's older.


Cowboy Isaac
Since Isaac doesn't have my undivided attention anymore, he has gotten very creative in his playtime. He LOVES dressing up and has to include as much as he can in his outfits. These are just a few of the things he has done.


Cool Dude, Dr, and Construction Worker Isaac

Bridge Builder
(Sometimes this makes it interesting to get down the hall)

And his most recent, SANTA CLAUS
He put out all of his toys on his blanket (which was Santa's sack) Then he would stand on a basket and fly to deliver all the presents to the good girls and boys.

Snow is back and Isaac is loving it! He runs out to make snow angels, play with neighbors, dig with his shovel to make snow castles, throw snowballs, and taste the snow. (I'm really trying hard to explain we shouldn't eat snow, especially because we have a dog!)

As long as he's out there, we put him to work... is it wrong to make a 3 year old shovel your walks? I'm kidding, he actually really enjoys running around with dads snow shovel.

He is very silly - all the time! He loves saying the opposite of whatever you are talking about, sticking out his tongue, telling jokes, and teasing. He's really been quite the ham!

Dax continues to be my darling baby.

And his smile makes me smile everyday!

1 comment:

Lyme Girl said...

Isaac IS FIVE MONKEY'S jumping on the bed! Remember that nursery rhyme? Bet mama calls the doctor a lot! Little Dax is so cute and perfect in his bath - he looks like a fake rubber doll!