Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Out with the Old, In with the New!

I should have posted this about 2 months ago, but I've been a slacker. Back in the fall of 2001, my parents bought me my first car to take to college... a white 2000 Cheve Cavalier. (You would think I would have taken a picture of that, but I must have been in a hurry to drive it!) It got me to and from a lot of places! I used it all through college, dating, friends, driving to new destinations, my wedding, my first baby, and moving to my first house. I loved this car! It seems silly to be so attached to a car, but it's been with me through a lot and I have very fond memories in it! 

Together, Brett and I saw this car hit well over 100,000 miles! It's acted up a lot in the past but always managed to pull though and keep working for us. (Even when we were on the Strip in Las Vegas and Brett had to press both the brake and the gas petal at the same time to make it work... we couldn't stop, we just prayed a lot until we got home!) It's not the greatest car in the snow, (or maybe that was the drivers fault) but I think it's done well over the years! Both of us knew with how old the car was getting, soon having 2 kids in the car and living in an area that doesn't scrape the roads as well as we would like in the winter, we knew it was time for a new car.


So imagine my husbands surprise, (after years of hearing me say we needed a new car) when I got all teary eyed when it was time to hand over my car keys and walk away from my cute little car that had taken such good care of me for the past 8 years. (I blame it on being pregnant.) I did take my license plate holder my parents gave me for a souvenir when I was 18. It said, "On Time is When I Get There." That was so me... still rings true.

It took a couple weeks to really love my new car (not that it wasn't pretty and fun) it was just different from my old car that I missed. I must say, now that I've had my new car for a while, I love it and am grateful we were finally able to buy a newer and safer car for our growing family. So without further ado, I present a picture of my new car... because for the life of me, I can't remember to take a picture of my actual new car that we bought! 

We bought a 2006, black Acura MDX. It took some time getting used to driving higher up, but I must say... I love it! I'm not so nervous trying to pass trucks now. Another thing I love is how smooth it drives and how quite it sounds. Not to mention having automatic windows has been so fun for both me and Isaac! So it's time to close the chapter of my life with my little Cheve, but when I see it on the road, it will always make me smile and think of how much fun I had in that little  car. 

No comments: