Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The Big 3-0!!!

In September, Brett turned 30!!!! Was he sad? Not in the least. Apparently, in his business you get more respect when your out of your 20's, so he was thrilled. I still have a good 4 years until I turn 30, so I tell him he's an old man married to a young gal! He doesn't mind. 

So many candles!!! I thought we would set off the smoke alarm! Even Brett started coughing from all the smoke.

I had a blue theme for his birthday, even though he wasn't sad, I still thought it was appropriate.  We had Brett's parents over for dinner. Brett was thrilled because I made steak, (which he never gets) homemade fries, rolls, and Nancy brought crab salad. I also made earthquake cake, which is delicious! (Brett cares more about the taste then a cute design on top of the cake, which makes him really easy to please and my job even easier!) And his favorite ice-cream, bunny tracks. 

Isaac worked really hard on a card for his dad... he was very proud of himself.

Brett finally got new shiny Sunday shoes! It was finally time for him to retire his sad looking mission shoes after 11 years of wearing them. 

Even though I know Brett didn't care that he turned 30, I thought I would still put together a 30th Birthday Blues Bag. The things inside were some of his favorite things like: Gatorade, to electa-light his life. Music to calm his nerves and keep his hearing sharp. A Symphony bar to morn the passing of his youth, and M&M pills - the colors helped with various aches, pains, and memory loss.                       

Isaac liked his M&M pills!

Happy 30th Birthday Brett!
I love you so much and couldn't ask for a better husband, father, and friend. 

Oh, and if your not a reader of his brother Brandon's blog... you should check out the picture Brandon posted to wish his older brother a Happy 30th Birthday!

No comments: