A month and a 1/2 ago, Isaac was constantly asking me, "when is the baby coming?" I decided he needed a visual, so we made a countdown chain.
Well today I looked at his wall and was so pleased to see the progress on his chain! We are down to one chain!!! That's 2 weeks left... Actually 13 days, (because I'm typing this after midnight.) Hurray!!!! I can't believe in less then 2 weeks I will be holding my new little baby!
I've become a little obsessed with Isaac taking his herbs to stay well and washing his hands and face - ALL THE TIME! (We are going through a lot of soap) but I don't care, hopefully it will keep us well. So nothing personal, but if your sick, I'm probably going to stay away. I'm grateful I have a husband and son who are so willing to put up with me and all my silly things I ask them to do.
I feel like we are pretty prepared and ready for this sweet little bundle to come. All of his clothes and toys are washed and put away, the car seat is squeaky clean and just needs a baby to put in it... along with the bassinet. Blankets are folded, binki's are sanitized, a lot of the Christmas shopping is done, and now I am busy reorganizing my house. I hate when things get messy, (ie: bathroom/kitchen drawers, closets) but it happens and you just have to take the time to reorganize it. Normally, I can put this off but I feel like it all has to be redone before I can be content and ready for my baby to come. So little by little, I'm reorganizing my house. Sometimes I pay for it the next day because I'm really sore or get nerve pain... but I figure that goes with the territory of being pregnant. At least my house will be clean! (Plus I get to cross things off my "to do list" and that makes me so happy!)
Some things I really won't miss about being pregnant:
1. Being swollen, I miss my shoes!
2. Feeling hot, all the time! (Poor Brett and Isaac freeze and are always bundling up.)
3. Having aches and nerve pain.
4. Heartburn.
5. Brushing my teeth, I miss brushing my teeth without gagging.
6. Going to the bathroom for the 100th time in a day.
7. Maternity clothes. - Which hopefully I can get rid of sooner then later.
8. Nothing tastes that great, yet, you still have to eat... blah.
9. My giant tummy! As much as I love my little one, my shirt is always wet, spilled on, or dirty, no matter how hard I try. And why do I keep trying to squeeze by things? I always get stuck.
10. Not being able to breath! Everyone keeps telling me I will feel better when the baby "drops" but have you seen me? I'm very short, not to mention really short waisted. My baby won't drop... because there is no place for him to go! He's stuck for good until we pull him out. And for now, he is stuck under my ribs causing me to loose my voice and cough.
So when I see that I only have 13 more days, I'm excited! I can't wait to meet this little guy who has been kicking me for several months. The anticipation is killing me, but I know it will be a fun adventure and I hope and pray everything will go well because I know in the end, even after all my complaining, it will totally be worth it!
4 comments:
I loved all your posts! You're so on top of it! I can't wait for you to have your baby. The part about the things you won't miss about pregnancy made me laugh because I totally know how you feel. Call me if you need anything when you go into labor (even in the middle of the night). Wahoo! You're almost there!
I am so excited for you. I love your posts about Isaac's art work. I feel the same and in fact have turned my 1/2 bath into a framed art gallery of my kids cutest creations which we rotate every once in awhile.
Ugh, those last few weeks are so hard. I love the countdown chain, and what a good idea to include other events! Good luck getting everything together, I can't wait to see pictures of your new little guy!
Herbs . . . right! Nine more days to go! Then you can make a "10 Things to Love About Babies" post! I like that new baby smell and the fuzzy, soft heads!
Post a Comment