I can't believe it. I feel like Isaac is growing up so quickly! He has been begging me for the past year to go to school, so this year we decided we would try preschool. He started this week and he couldn't be more thrilled!

He's going to my friend, Angela's Preschool about a mile from our house. It's called Chicka Chicka Boom Boom after the title of an
ABC book. It's such a darling preschool!

The first day of school he jumped up, ate, and got ready so quick. He loves his Spider-man backpack so much I could barley get him to hold still long enough to snap a picture. He walked into the classroom, hung up his backpack and left me without so much as a goodbye. I had to bring him back to kiss him and say goodbye. He smiled back and said "goodbye!" I'm grateful he wasn't one of the kids that was crying and wanted me to stay... even though I wouldn't have minded a little inkling of sadness! No really, I'm glad he is loving it. And to be fair, when I picked him up he gave me a big hug and told me he missed me! (That made me feel better.)

Isaac and his teacher, Miss Angela

Isaac was so proud of his work he pulled it out to show me the minute he got in the car. When I asked him to tell me about it I knew he had a lot to say because he shouted, "WELL FIRST..." If Isaac has a list of things to count off I know he has a lot to say! He also told me about a little boy who didn't listen and got in trouble but then he informed me that I shouldn't worry because he listened to Miss Angela like he was suppose to. (Glad he's keeping himself in line!)
The second day of preschool Miss Angela sent home some optional homework. Isaac was so excited! He had to show everyone his homework and couldn't wait to sit down and do it with me. He had to trace the dotted lines in the direction they went. He did so great at it! But my favorite was watching his little face light up and how proud of himself he was. He can't wait to take it back, show Miss Angela, and get a sticker.
I just can't get over how grown up he is. He doesn't need my help with much it seems like, so when he does, I'm grateful for the chance to hug and kiss him and do what I can. Even after his day at preschool he was such a big helper to me. He cleaned up all of his toys, without help and he set the entire table by himself!

Yes, I consider this a big accomplishment! He was board while I was finishing dinner so I asked him to set the table and he immediately pulled out the place-mats, had me hand him the plates, laid out the silverware and asked me to hand him the cups. He carried them over to the table all filled (I noticed him sipping out of them along the way... good thing it was just our family) but still, I was so proud of him!
He had been with me earlier in the week teaching my Activity Day girls how to set a table... so maybe he picked up on a few things! But the best was when we were eating dinner and I told him to lean over his plate and he said, "no mom, you do this..." And he showed me something I had shown my girls. He took his spoon and brought it to his mouth, it's the polite thing to do! I just love this little boy to pieces and I am thrilled he is my oldest son. I know in these next months he will be the best helper I could ask for!
4 comments:
How darling! I just love the first day of school! Miss you and yes, your little boy is to die for :-)
I just had an enjoyable time catching up on your blog. What a fun trip down memory lane for me! Isaac is so much like his friendly mom! What a cute little "goat" you've got.
So cute!
Hey does she have any openings? I want to get Carter signed up somewhere? How much is it? And how are you feeling?
Post a Comment