Friday, August 14, 2009

Mona Day Celebration! 2009

The Saturday after the 24th of July, we went to Mona (like we always do) to celebrate the 24th. We went to the parade... (though it was not as nearly as impressive as it has been in the past, but it was fun to see the sheep and a baby pony in the parade!)

Isaac, Lulu, Squiggle, and Buddy waiting for candy to be thrown!

They had several blow-ups and bouncy houses this year which kept the kids entertained for a while. Isaac loved shooting hoops with his dad!

Isaac had his older cousin, Lulu watching after him for me. She would take him inside all the bouncy houses making sure he was safe and looked after. She's such a little mother! I love her.

Sadly, they didn't have ponies to ride this year but they had their "train" which is really a four-wheeler polling the kids around it carts, but it's still very fun for the kiddos! Here is Isaac, Breah, and Squiggle waiting for train... 2 of them weren't paying attention to me while I snapped their picture but you can tell the sweet little child in the middle (Breah) has pictures being taken of her several times throughout the day! I love her little pose!

Here are the kids going on the train ride with Aunt Shaylah. I realize, Isaac looks a little terrified, I'm not sure why... he was fine and I was told he enjoyed the ride!

Isaac ran in the Mona Races for the first time this year. It's a very short distance with a million little people standing behind a hose waiting for a man to yell, "GO!" Brett accused me of holding Isaac back and told me he got a late start... in my defense, I couldn't hear anything, I just told Isaac to run when we saw everyone else going! Next year, I'm sure we will do better!
 
He still ran his little heart out, I was very proud of him!

And he got a $1.00! 
How exciting, I didn't even know they would get a little prize, he was thrilled!

My two boys, I think they are the cutest things!
It wasn't nearly as hot as we are used to (which I was very grateful for!) But I was still very thankful for the fireman who turned on the water in the fire-truck to cool everyone down, I enjoyed that.

I'm thankful we have Grandma Mona's house to run to and help break-up the day. It's fun sitting outside under her giant trees and letting the kids play in the shade. Isaac had recently bought some goggles with his own money (which he's been wanting and pining over since swimming lessons) and he got to test them out in the sprinklers at grandma's. It was very entertaining! 

No comments: