1. I like to eat certain foods on the couch, like cereal or ice-cream. For some reason I hate sitting up to the table when all I want is to be comfy! I've done it my entire life and just can't change it now. It's a terrible habit and I don't let Isaac eat on the couch but if he catches me, oh boy am I in trouble!
2. I think flowers are gorgeous but I really don't care for the smell of them. I also don't like that bees are often found where bunches of them are. I like weird smells like the exhaust of a car or boat. Now don't go thinking I'm crazy... I don't go overboard with it, but the occasional whiff isn't bad.
3. Along the lines of not liking bees, I don't like most things that fly or creep on the ground. Mice, snakes, bees, grasshoppers, spiders, mesquites... you will usually find me running from them! (With an occasional loud scream if I REALLY hate them!)
4. When I drive, I drive with my left foot up on the seat, preferably with my shoe off. For some reason I'm not comfortable driving until I'm like this. (Maybe it was those long 3 hour drives back and forth from Cedar City.)
5. I love manicures and pedicures - it makes me happy! But I'm too cheap to go get them done when I can do it myself. I just like them to look nice and painted cute. Since I've had Isaac it doesn't get done nearly as much as I would like, but still is a priority. Plus when I can get my little sister Kenzi around, she will paint the cutest flowers on my toes!
6. I hang dry most everything. Shirts, jeans, certain sweatshirts, PJ's and all of Isaac's clothes. Brett often asks me why we even bought a dryer. I tell them we need it for towels and sheets and to "fluff" the clothes I am going to hang to get the wrinkles out! I am doing better though, after much begging I will dry Brett's jeans and some of Isaac's old PJ's.
7. I love music and I sing all the time. (And it's usually loud - but I didn't say well!) I make-up songs for Isaac all the time to get him to do stuff or I just dance around and sing while I clean, get ready, shower, or drive. And yes, I said dance... silly things mostly, it keeps things fun! Brett just loves it when I make him dance around the house with me! (haha.)
8. I find myself very funny! (I know I'm not, but I really think I am!) I mostly think this way when I am around family and friends. I often say very stupid things to Brett, but it is so funny I will be laughing till I cry! Brett however is amazed at how long I can actually laugh at myself and end up laughing not because he thinks I'm funny but because of how ridiculous I am!
9. My family calls me "the overly friendly one." If I'm at a store and can't make a decision, I don't care who is around me, I will ask them. My sisters are often humiliated that I will talk to ANYONE! (But it has come in handy for them when they are too chicken.) I once was shopping for a shirt for Brett in a Christmas rush. I asked my sister Liz what she thought, she replied "I don't know, ask someone" (her meaning my other sisters that were across the store.) I didn't think of it and started chatting with the lady next to me. Liz's eyes popped out of her head and after looked straight at me and said, "I meant someone we know!"
10. I absolutely love where I live. I love the people around me but I mostly love it because of the scenery. I live across from water and mountains and it reminds me of every summer I have had since I was a child. Growing up we had a cabin in Bear Lake and we would always spent a good part of our summer there. I loved everything about that place. The guessing mountains, the bear lake monster, being with my cousins and grandparents, swimming daily, getting pushed off the dock, skiing, riding wave-runners, skits, playing on the beach, building sandcastles, getting buried in the sand, staying up late playing games, sleeping on the deck under the stars, going to the penny candy store and the shake shop across the lake, eating red vine licorice and otter pops, drinking hot chocolate, my moms funny green robe, getting fried every summer wasn't my favorite, but it taught me to to wear sunscreen! The list goes on and on.... My point is, every time I drive past the water and see the reflection of mountains it looks exactly like when we would drive into Bear Lake. It makes me so happy to look at it and have that constant memory of my life come rushing back to me.
I Tag: Anyone that wants to do this, it was very fun!
2 comments:
That was so fun to read Ashley!! It made me laugh. I hang a lot of clothes to dry as well and Jason thinks I'm weird too! I love where we live too. It's the best!
No I don't want to do it but fun to read! Especially loved the cereal on the couch (since none of you were allowed to do that, even though the carpet in front of the couch was the filthiest place in the house somehow), the hanging clothes, and the friendly you! [Tell Isaac YOU talk to strangers! Which by the way . . . new favorite Isaac face . . . send please. Love the evil eyebrows!]
Post a Comment