Friday, January 23, 2009

Happy New Year, 2009!

Happy New Year! I know this post is so late but for my sake, I still have to write about it. Brett, Isaac, and I did our usual on New Years Eve by celebrating at my sister Rachel and her husband, Gordon's house. We always make way too much food for the 6 of us (2 being kids), but it always makes for a fun night!

Rachel and Gordon with the beautiful spread of food.

On the drums: Zander, Lead Guitar: Gordon, Base: Isaac

For Christmas Santa brought Gordon Rock Band... so we spent a lot of the night playing the guitar, hitting the drums, (which I must admit, I did pretty good at) and shouting from our lungs! Rachel and I think they should come out with a girl version of rock band with fun girl songs! I think they would make a fortune! 

Isaac did a pretty good job rocking out! He especially loved the toy guitar that made a lot of noise!

Isaac, Ashley, and Brett concentrating to not miss a note. In another picture I looked at the camera and smiled, Brett said it didn't look like I was playing! (I wasn't, I was posing!)

Getting ready to countdown to midnight. We tried to put Zander and Isaac to bed but they weren't interested... they were VERY hyper! 

Rachel bought poppers, blowers, and whirlers galore!!! She even found this terribly high ear piercing shaker that the boys loved. She knows how to kick off the New Year! The boys especially loved the gun poppers. One of the plastic blowers broke in Zander's mouth and made him bleed. We were missing a piece which we were all concerned if he swallowed it. Needless to say, we threw those blowers away!

We will stick with the paper blowers! They are always a lot of fun!

Ready, Set, POP!
 
Rachel also stocked up on Sparking Cider. We gave the boys mini shot glasses but I assure you, it is SPARKLING APPLE CIDER! Isaac was sucking it down faster then he could breath. He thought it was great stuff!!

Fill it up, Rach!

Gordon, Rachel Zander, Brett, Ashley, and Isaac 
(do you see the giant eye on the TV watching over us? Now we know what was on TV around midnight! Brett says it's very scary looking.)

We had a great night and a very fun NEW YEAR celebration! (Thanks guys!) We hope all of yours was filled with excitement. We are looking forward to an exciting 2009!!! Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Amber said...

Looks like a ton of fun! Seriously the huge eye in the back of the picture is freaking me out!

Emilee said...

that eye is FREAKYYYYYYY! You'll have to remove from the pic; b/c the pic is really cute

michellecluff said...

you guys are much cooler than our house. Perhaps we went to bed at 10:30 on New years eve... Lame-o!!!