Friday, January 30, 2009

Grumpies!

I love to let Isaac paint even though when he flicks his paint brush all about, I find it makes me a little crazy. I don't want to be a fun squasher but Isaac made me realize I kind of was. I told him to paint me some people. He told me he couldn't because he didn't have crayons. I explained how you could still draw circles with your paint and paintbrush. He was thrilled when he painted a yellow circle on the paper and I was so excited he was figuring it out. He started to draw the eyes and then began dipping into other colors for the nose and hair. He started getting careless with his paint and it began getting flickered about. I sternly told him not to do this. Then it happened. He stared blankly at me for a second, leaned over to dip his paint brush in orange, and then squiggled two little lines above the yellow eyes. As he did this he said with a smirk, "and I need some grumpies...." It took me a second, but I realized he had been painting me!!! Then I had gotten upset with him and he painted grumpies on me. 

The famous "Grumpie" picture Isaac painted by himself!

I was hugging Isaac later and asked him where my grumpies were. He looked at me and said, "OH! They are all gone!" So I frowned my eyebrows and he said, "Ope! There they are!" So if your wondering what "grumpies" are... they are my eyebrows when I'm upset. It makes me laugh he realized this. I've seen him draw this on his papers but until he said it out loud I never knew what they were. I'm working on not showing Isaac my grumpies! 
 
He loves to display his finished artwork on his door!!! Ta-da!!! 

5 comments:

Pam said...

Ha ha that's hillarious! I miss you! When are you going to hang out with me?

Megan said...

That's funny!

Angela said...

Oh, that's cute. Sad, I just realized we don't even own paints. So Wyatt doesn't do much painting unless it's in pre-school. By the way I have noticed that in a lot of your pic's Isaac is always in his underware. HE HE

Anonymous said...

Isaac is so cute! I think he looks just like you. How are you guys. It's been a while. Here's my email d89olson@yahoo.com, let me know what yours is and I can invite you to our blog! take care!

Shannon said...

I love it! He is so cute.