Thursday, December 18, 2008

'Tis The Season To Be... CRAZY!

Saturday was a packed filled day with no time to rest in-between each event. Sadly, we had other events that we couldn't attend... Saturdays fill up fast in December, huh?! We started at 8 a.m. to go to a movie with my family. Because my sister Aleesha is a member of something in the school district we get to go to a free movie of our choice every year at Thanksgiving Point. This is the first year we could attend so we took Isaac to see, Bolt. (I however was tempted to sneak off again to watch Twilight! haha) 

Aleesha, Acacia, Isaac, Ashley, and Brett

Bolt is a cute little movie, kind of strange, but cute. We all loved the hamster and the pidgins in the movie, they were very funny! Isaac did great in the movie. It was so early I had little bags of cereal, morning treats, and juice. He was happy as a clam. My sweet niece also shared her popcorn with him through the whole movie and Isaac gladly accepted. She's so mothering! Brett and I got a kick out of watching Isaac in the theatre. He's just so happy to be there in the big chairs watching on the BIG TV. I love when he laughs at what's happening in the movie, it just confirms to me how old he is getting! 

Casey, Josh, and Liz

The movie was so packed that are seats were close to the front. Good thing too, Joshy could dance in the empty space in front of him! Thanks Aleesha! It was a blast!!! We will have to come again next year! When we left the theatre is was snowing so hard I'm surprised I didn't see snowman falling from the sky! haha, I know... I'm lame but I always laugh at my own jokes! 

Then it was off to our first Christmas family party with Brett's, dad's side of  the family. Nancy and LaMonte were in charge of it this year. It was a lot of fun! We had soup, which was a perfect day for it. We played a lot of games. Emilee made the cutest Family Bingo game with everyone in the families face on it. Isaac even played the game cause he could identify most everyone.

We had the kids play, Don't Eat Christmas - which they were great at! Then Emilee, read a Nativity Story, and then... gifts! We played pass the present every time they heard the word Santa in a book I read. They all did great.

Isaac squealed when he saw what he got... TIGGER AND POOH, TIGGER AND POOH MOM!!! He loves to draw so it was a great gift for him and it made a great addition to our church bag!

Grandma D. always makes fun things for us and the kids. She made pillowcases for each of her great grandchildren. She was so sweet to personalize each one with something they loved... Again, we had shouting over it being Tigger and Pooh, Isaac can't get enough. Thanks Grandma, Isaac LOVES his new pillow and snuggles up to it every night!  

Great Grandma D. with her Great Grandchildren

After we got all cleaned up we had just enough time to run home, drop off our things, take care of Koda, pick up what we needed for the next party and scadadle off to the next family party. This time, it was my dad's side of the family.  I'm grateful somedays Isaac will sleep in the car so he's not too grumpy!

We tried to teach the kids how to play little games like, Down By The Banks and...

Say, Say, Oh Playmate. Isaac needed assistance with both! Thanks Stacy! I wish I had a picture of her daughter, Emma and niece playing this game. They are two and under. My cousin Nicki and I were basically playing the game for them, forcing their little hands together... they looked a little bothered at our attempts! My niece, Hannah was happy to be Isaac's partner during this game. Isaac really loved this game, he wants to play it with me everyday now. After dinner, playing with toys, stories, and games it was present time! One of Isaac's favorite things!

He was so excited when he got more things to draw with and even more excited when it was his own puzzle he could color on!

My sweet Aunts, Joanne and Sharon made EVERY  little grandchild and great grandchild Their own apron. They were so sweet to do this, because that is A LOT of kids! They gave them coloring supplies, play-dough, and finger-puppets with their songs. They put so much effort into these family parties, I know my Grandma O. would be so proud for them continuing with this party. Thank you to everyone, it was such a fun day!!! I just love getting together with family for the holidays, especially when you only see some of them a couple of times a year.

No comments: