Merry Christmas to everyone! I hope everyone enjoyed Christmas Day as much as we did! I can't get over how fun this year was. Isaac understood everything. He understood that we were celebrating Jesus birth and loved retelling me the story with his manger scene magnets, he loved Santa... (well, not when he ate his cookies), he did great decorating the house, he helped wrap the presents, deliver the presents, and LOVED opening the presents. As a first time parent, I finally understand the joy of "watching" on Christmas versus "opening" presents. I could have watched Isaac all day and not get sick of it. The way his little face lit up was so precious to me.
Santa definitely found Isaac this year. My sister Aleesha had asked him earlier this month if he had been a good boy. His response: "I SURE HOPE SO!" He was, and Santa brought the presents to prove it!
For those who were wondering if Isaac got his "list" checked off... he did! Santa came through with a blue scooter, computer, and roller skates! Isaac's face was priceless when he opened these. He now scoots everywhere he goes! (As well as Brett!) And if you don't find Isaac using his scooter, you will find him skating to get from point A to point B.
Isaac was a little spoiled this year... and was on present overload as the morning went on. He didn't look to see what present he was grabbing. We would say, "that present's for daddy" and he would respond, "that's ok... I'll help him open it!" Any present would do, he just wanted them all open! Isaac got a couple of games to go with his top 3 presents. One game is called, Animal Scramble. It is such a fun game! It has so many levels... we are still on level one. It's perfect for him... and he has to run to tag the animal that the giraffe calls out... so it tuckers him out! Brett was very sweet to me this year! I must say I am VERY impressed with things he picked out for me. His rule: no clothes, he says I'll take them back. But, he did surprise me with a bold move on his part... a new purse in red and brown (which he remembered I mentioned a long time ago that I wanted something like that!!) and a BEAUTIFUL necklace with 2 different sparkly charms! He also got me me an ipod player/radio to go in my kitchen. I LOVE listening to music and sadly I have nothing to listen to music on, on that side of the house. He thought of it all by himself... what a great husband I have! He spoiled me!!! Isaac gave me some canvases and paint... he's going to paint me some more art for my house! I love that.
Santa brought Brett clothes... he needed some! His biggest surprise was the same jacket I bought him LAST YEAR for Christmas. He had left his at a convention in the Spring and didn't realize it till this Fall. He loved that jacket, so it took me a couple of months but I tracked it down again! Brett looked into it, but only knew they were long gone. Thanks to sooo many siblings and parents who were on CONSTANT look out for me!! And the poor people at Costco who I constantly annoyed wishing they would bring back this jacket! (I apparently wasn't the only one) And, thanks to the sweet man in Costco that helped me so much when I asked him for the "brand" of his jacket. (I saw him wearing it and needed the info! He was very helpful. He had to take it off to show me and tell me how much he loved it. My sister's hate when I talk to strangers, they say it's embarrassing... but it helped me get what I needed!)
Every year I wish for a WHITE CHRISTMAS. Well, as most of you in Utah know, we didn't go without! I wonder if I should wish for this, because it can make traveling to see your family a lot harder then it should be! Brett's mom, dad, Grandma Neilsen, brother Brandon, Shaylah, and Breah were driving out to see us on Christmas morning. Where we live is pretty far and not the highest priority for the scraping crew to get to. Poor Brandon got stuck in the snow and it took a while to get him out. This of course was an open invitation for Isaac to PLAY in the newly fallen snow (or I should say, newly falling snow!) He ran right out the door in his PAJAMAS, ELF HAT (which he put on himself), and SLIPPERS! He looked so festive! He jumped right in the snow and ran crazy. I laughed for a second and then rushed him inside to put on boots. When I realized we would be outside for a while I made Isaac get gloves and a coat too!
This year was an "on" year for Brett's family. We live close to both parents, so we get to do both! It was fun to be with everyone. We had Christmas Lasagna made by Nancy, delicious! Isaac had a 2 hour nap instead. It was weird to be kid-less for us while eating! Then we had our Christmas party. We drew names this year and Emilee's kids gave Isaac a jumpy, bouncy ball. Now not only does he scoot and roll through the house, he bounces too!!! It's really funny to watch him bounce all over the place. Grandma and Grandpa D. gave Isaac the Geo Trax Train Station. He is in heaven!!! He plays with it daily for long periods of time! They gave us shelves for our basement. YEAH!!! Now I can organize food storage and start getting things off the floor!!!
We went to my mom's house after. My camera battery died (I know, who forgets their backup battery on Christmas???) So I was at the mercy of my little sis' Mckenzie who got a new camera for Christmas!! Thank you Joey! My parents gave Isaac a two sided easel and easel kit. One side is chalk, the other side is dry erase. It also has clips to hold up paper and it's magnetic. He loves it and wants to "paint" and "draw" all the time!!! So many toys, so little time!! My parents were so nice to us. They gave us the hose and all the attachments for my central vac- system. We put the system in when we built our house, they gave us the vacuum part and we have been using their old tools. We always had good intentions of buying our own, but it never got high enough on the priority list. Then our borrowed vacuum broke... so sad... but now, I have a brand new squeaky clean vacuum!! I'm in heaven! They also gave us a dust-buster which I have wanted one since Isaac learned how to make a mess. It's been lovely!!! They told us they were giving us a "sucky" Christmas... it was one of the best "sucky"Christmas!
I wish we could have stayed longer, but the snow started up again and we wanted to make it back to our house, safely. It was a VERY long day, but the excitement of it all never went away. We hope everyone had a safe and Merry Christmas! Thanks to everyone who made ours so special!
1 comment:
I'm sad we missed watching you open your "sucky" Christmas gifts too! I wished we could have stayed, but that was a long day wasn't it? How happy that you not only gave some fun things and got some fun things, but that you got to see everyone!!
Post a Comment