Growing up my dad loved BYU football but was often busy around the yard and house and listened to most of the game through his headphones (usually with the game silenced on TV). I was interested, (not enough to sit and watch unless at the stadium) but non the less I liked to know the score and talk to my dad about the game. Pretty good I thought. It's a whole different story with my husband. I've learned to not walk in the way of the game let alone strike up a conversation... but he does like when I sit by him to watch and I do appreciate when he answers my silly football questions. I may not always act like it, but it is fun to see Brett have such a love for the game.
I've wanted to always get on film how he shouts at the TV ... and now that his dad is back it is TWICE as loud at our house on game day but you can't predict when the quarterback, ref, or one of the players is going to do something bad or good... so that's hard to capture. But I did manage to get the newest football enthusiast in our family, Isaac. For weeks he has been going around shouting, "go cougs!" (and to think I was worried when Isaac was a newborn all that shouting would bother him! I think it just got put right into his genes!) So even though Isaac shy's up a bit in front of the camera, I thought this was a fun little cheer (on film) of my newest football fan!
So now that we are at the start of a new football season, all I can say is: Go COUGS!
4 comments:
Well, I'm glad you are a converted fan now & raising the next generation :) GO COUGS!
We caught up on your blog today while we were eating lunch. You've been busy with all the organizing, canning, and fun side trips to Thanksgiving Point! So nice that Brett has a new generation BYU Cougar fan to scream at the TV with Dad and Grandpa! So funny!
Well i'm not quite converted, but I totally know what you mean. I had no idea how serious this BYU business is until it was too late. Not that that would have been enough to change my mind though. Brandon tries to get Breah to sit still long enough to watch with him, but she doesn't sit still for much of anything. Isaac sure is a cute little fan though. Hey do you remember Veronica and Aaron Ernest? She was looking at my scrapbook and recognized you from Cedar.
I totally know what you mean here, Bryce lives and dies BYU. There is just something about college football that is so exciting that you can't help but love anyone who is such a devoted fan to a team. The whole BYU thing still makes me wince a little, but hey, anything that brings together family and has to be a good thing right?! I'll just cheer, "GO FOOTBALL!" :)
Post a Comment