We had a fun cousin outing at the farm the other day. It's rare when all the grandkids on Brett's side of the family can always be together, so it was fun to spend a day together.

left to right:
Isaac, Ashley, Shaylah, Breah, Buddy, Emilee, Lulu, Nancy, & Squiggle

As you can see, the goats were very friendly! It was right before feeding time so they were so hungry. There was a ton of corn on the ground so all the kids decided to pick it up and feed them. I can't believe how brave they all were to stick their little hands in these goats mouths.

Isaac loved every minute of it. Big goats, small goats... he didn't care. He just wanted to feed them. He would call to the goats, "here goats! I got somefing for you!" He would get so excited after they would eat the corn, he would clap and jump up and down in excitement.

Look! His hand is just right inside the goats mouth! When the man came to give the goats their hay he took one of the little ones out and brought it out for the kids to hold. He went to hand it to Isaac and he jumped back. He will put his hand in the mouth of a goat but won't hold it. Interesting. Squiggle, his one year old cousin had no fear! She wanted to climb right in with the goats! She even held the goat with her mom's help. They all just loved the goats!

This has got to be one of my favorite pictures of the day. While everyone was busily feeding the goats, my sweet little niece Breah, was busily feeding herself a fig newton. She was just so cute munching it down!

We saw cows, pigs, chickens, and ducks... Isaac informed these ducks that they were stinky ducks and they should go take a bath! (As he shooed them away with his hand) Kids say such funny and unexpected things.

Isaac and I were busily petting this sweet little donkey. I thought he was so soft and cute. I even had my hand by his mouth. Then Emilee read the sign that said, Watch Out! I BITE! After that, I thought that was enough petting this sweet little donkey in fear I may loose a finger!

2 horse rides in one week! Whoo-ee! Isaac's becoming a regular. All the little grandkids rode a horse. Even Squiggle and Breah! Isaac was so brave and sat on him by himself while I snapped a few pictures... though I could tell it made him a bit nervous that I stepped away and left him to fend for himself on such a big animal! This little pony's name was Chief. Isaac liked him a lot and as he got more comfortable on him he would say, "giddy-up horsy!" And of course, he didn't want to get off when the ride was over.... so sad saying goodbye!

Next up were the little calves. Isaac was a little hesitant so I helped him feed the sweet baby calf. Let me tell ya, not so sweet when your hand is covered in slime from this cow lapping your hand! I was a little grossed out.

Grandma helped Isaac be brave and pet the little calf. Where was she when the calf needed to be fed?! The kids were all so hot and tired by the end but it was fun to spend time with everyone. Thanks again guys!! Good times.
No comments:
Post a Comment