Tuesday, May 6, 2008

HUGS, HUGS, HUGS - 2 Month Countdown!

As much fun as it has been talking with Brett's parents over email, web cam, and the phone... its not quite the same as talking to them in person.  Brett's parents will be home July 4th at 11:05 am! We are so thrilled and can't think of a better way to celebrate their homecoming then with flags and fireworks! I'm so excited that for the first time Isaac can give grandma and grandma a BIG hug! In the meantime, Isaac discovered he could find ways to still give grandma and grandpa hugs. If you look close, you can see them smiling! (Even though I'm sure all they could see is his cheek!) 
3 years seemed so long and I can't believe we are down to the last 2 months! I'm grateful for my in-laws and their example they have set while they have been faithfully serving as mission presidents in Florianopolis, Brazil. I know when we went to visit them so many people told us how much they loved Brett's parents and how amazing they are. That was over 2 years ago and I know they have continued to touch many more families as well as helping their missionaries excel. I've even run into some of their returned missionaries who just loved them! I have loved hearing their experiences and I know our family has received many blessings while they have been away. I know they will be missed, but we can't wait to have them back. We love you! 

5 comments:

Angela said...

The ticker I had when I was prego I saw on someone elses blog and clicked on it. I think it took me to widgets.com. Hope that helps. Also if you go to my blog, and then click on Curt and Marissa's blog, they have a countdown to when they are moving, and maybe if you click on that it will take you to where they got there's. Hope that works for ya.

Tara said...

Fun! Brett's parents were always so nice! I am sure that will be a great time for you guys! How exciting it must be for isaac! I can't believe he has never met them in person! That is so great!

Emilee said...

Your post got me a little teary! We are sooooo excited as well :) :) :) :)

The Dansies said...

Yay! We are so excited too! I'm glad you found a ticker, i've been looking for one but could only find prego ones and then instructions on how to make one...way to involved for my liking. So i'm gonna copy you! Oh, and no, i haven't figured out the whole spacing issue...I was able to fix it on one post but it didn't work on the rest.

Ashley and Brett said...

Oh you and Emilee! Both copying my ticker! Just kidding.. I think we should all have one! :)