Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Potty Training Already?

I'm sure Isaac will thank me one day for all these naked pictures I've been posting... (but little kids are so cute!) Well after his running around my house without clothes, I realized he was hating his wet diaper and that was why he was so insistent on stripping all the time... thus the accidents.  So to help solve that I decided why not get a potty he can just sit on. It worked! He loves his potty. I can't even tell you how amazed I was that when he got his potty he sat down, pushed a little and went! The music played and oh boy was he excited and Brett and I were shocked! 
However, I didn't prepare my self for what was to come. He liked it so much now we've gotten into potty training! With how well he would use the potty and how excited he was, my family encouraged me it was okay to start the potty training process.  After reading books and deciding he's not as young as I thought, I guess I will give it a go! 


He loves to read books, which helps him stay on just a bit longer! Before he jumps up! But when the "royal" song plays after he goes potty he is so thrilled and stands up and does this little dance... It is so funny to watch! He also sings along with the music. If the music forgets to play, no problem... he sings in its place while doing his little dance! 


He can't decide if he likes using the little potty or the big potty, so he is constantly switching it! That can get tiring, especially in the same sitting! 

Isaac is a big fan of his sticker chart and loves putting his stickers on! So for now, I guess thats a good enough reward! (That and the music!) 

I must admit... he's doing pretty good for only working on it this week... and we only got the potty chart up a couple days ago.  So many stickers! 

So who knows where this little adventure will take us... hopefully in the right direction and get him potty trained! 1st step: knowing when to go... then the bigger steps of when he's not at home... then night time... I guess I have a ways to go - but we have to do it now or later! Guess it should be now while he's excited! So most of my days are spent running to and from the potty! Oh the life I lead...

12 comments:

Amber said...

That picture of him with the book is so cute! How funny.

Kris and Nat said...

I am glad he is so excited about it! I guess it only makes it easier to start trying! Good Luck

April said...

I'm so excited for you! And quite a bit jealous, too.

Megan said...

Good Luck I am glad that he wants too at age two. I wish Baylin would have been interested at two. I just waited for her to be ready! I am proud of you Ash and Isaac looks like he is liking it!

Tim & Tash said...

Good luck with that, so far he looks like he is doing really well. He is cute sitting there reading his little book.

Ashley and Brett said...

Thanks for being proud of me! I'm trying my patience... We bought big boy underwear last night... Mickey mouse and spider-man. He LOVES his mickey underwear and was so sad when he had an accident... hopefully a few accidents and then success!

Ashley and Brett said...

ok... I think this is exciting... (for you who want to know) Isaac went poopy in the potty! I'm so proud of him!

jackie said...

Ashley, I think it's great you're doing the potty training thing! We bought a potty because I thought McKenna was getting ready since she would say when she went poo poo's in her diaper. She went the first day, but then pretty much lost interest. So I'll guess we'll have to wait a while. I'm glad Isaac is doing so well! Good luck!

Lyme Girl said...

Hey Ashley,
Love your funny posts and the daily calls from Isaac informing us of his poops and pees! I'm sure he'll be excited to see all this proudly displayed on his wedding DVD someday!

Shelly & Danny said...

Good for you! All I hear are horror stories about potty training boys. It makes me so not excited to start the process. You are lucky to get such an eager beaver:) He's talking really well now isn't he? I'm waiting until Jack can verbalize a little better to me about what is going on :)

Ashley and Brett said...

Ya, Isaac is a little chatter box! Its kinda nice cause he can tell me any little problem that may have happened when I wasn't around! (Solves some fights!) Even if I don't recognize one of his sentences he won't stop saying it till I understand... so I always figure it out! His talking has helped a lot with this whole potty training thing!

Pam said...

You know what I think? Since BOTH of our big, old b-days are coming up...we should go see that movie with your boyfriend in it. Made of Honor, with Patrick Dempsey. And of course with lunch and shopping :)!!