Monday, March 24, 2008

Magic Eraser Works Miracles!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the magic eraser! Isaac is at an age where our house is his art pad! I love that Isaac is interested in coloring and I want to encourage that... but not unless its on paper! I don't know how he finds crayons, pencils, and pens when I SWEAR I put them away (maybe it's his ability to climb up anything!) but he finds them. The last few days Isaac has drawn BIG circles of art work on my walls, work out machine, carpet, chairs, and himself! Today it was my hardwood floor (so easy to clean), but then - my couch! My couch is a hand-me-down till we buy a micro-fiber one (which I hear they are wonderful with children) but my couch is not so kid friendly! It doesn't clean well, which drives me crazy. When I saw Isaac's beautiful picture in RED CRAYON that he was so proud of I about died! After talking to my sister, Liz (who is the queen of getting out art work thanks to her son) she told me to try the magic eraser... it worked! My couch is so terrible to clean, but the red art work came out! I use the magic eraser on everything, my walls, floors, counters... but I never thought of the couch! It worked wonders... now if I can only find a way to explain to Isaac we only color on paper! He can tell me that, but still draws where his pen lands! Any suggestions?! 

3 comments:

Andrea said...

I'm also a believer in the Magic Eraser.

erin said...

I found you through Andrea's blog. My son stopped drawing on the walls when I bought butcher paper (from a craft store) and taped it to the wall.
My daughter wouldn't stop, but we made a big production of hanging pictures up. "If you draw it on paper Daddy can put it up in his office, we can hang it on the fridge, or your wall in your room. But if you color on anything else, you lose the picture forever."
My baby though is giving me a run for my money--not with drawing on things but with eating the writing instruments. If you have any suggestions for that... :)

michellecluff said...

Oh man, can't wait for those days... no advice as I have yet to experience that, but let me know when you figure out what works, cuz I'm sure I'll be needing it sooner than later!