Friday, May 16, 2014

Potty Time!!

While I am on the topic of how my Tanner loves to run around naked, I thought I'd share my day! Tanner woke up and he was laying in bed with me drinking his bottle. I realized his diaper was dry. He held it all night! He has been fascinated with the potty and always likes us to sit him on it backwards. He pushes his little tummy as hard as he can to see if something will come out. (I guess this is the advantage to having 2 older brothers to watch!!) Well I asked him if he wanted to go potty and he shook his head yes. So off we went.

He was a little unsure but sat there. I walked away to get a book and when I came back he came running out the door!!! He peeped in the potty!!! It was enough to get excited about but I think it scared him. We danced our little potty dance and cheered!! Then we woke up Isaac and Dax to tell them. He  sat down and went more. I was so proud of him!!!

This is how the rest of my day went. Setting little alarms to check on him, no clothes = no shame! He just ran around wherever he felt. My favorite is when he had to go potty he would move his arms back and forth like a train!! I think that was his potty dance. The kid's got moves!

He went potty at least 3 of 4 times. We did have a few accidents but nothing we couldn't clean up. (I love hardwood for that reason!)

I'm so proud of my little man. I don't know if he is ready or if I am ready, but we sure are going to try!!  On a side note, I had the carpet cleaner come today. Does anyone else find it ironic that I had my carpets cleaned on the same day my Tanner decided to possibly potty train?!!

I love this little face. I guess I'll keep him! Good job Tanny Tann! Mom's so proud of you.  Now eat your cookie.

No comments: