The kids had fun reading the little jokes my mom had printed for each plate at the table. They were drooling over their cookie turkeys Kenzi had made... and well Brett was just drooling! We were so hungry. Poor guy, you think he would learn about Ottley standard time...we are usually 1-2 hours behind schedule. In this case it was 2 hours and he was ready to eat!
Everyone from my family was there except for my brother and his family.
The food was delicious and there was plenty of it!!!
Dax ate more then he was used to and laid his little head down for a little after Thanksgiving nap. (Like father like son!!)
This is the first year my sisters and I didn't participate in Black Friday. They are starting so early now, it's interfering with Thanksgiving... and there is nothing worth buying if it is going to interfere with family time. I'm thankful for my family. I love them with all of my heart. I thankful for Brett who is always there for me. He makes me laugh and smile. He is my rock. He keeps me grounded and sane. I couldn't do what I do without him by my side. I'm thankful for my 3 beautiful boys. They make life exciting, interesting, and they keep me oh so busy! I can't even imagine what I would be doing if I didn't have them. I couldn't imagine my life without my 3 darling turkeys. I'm thankful for mine and Brett's parent's. I couldn't ask for four more amazing and Christ centered examples. They are all wonderful grandparents. They teach me and my children so much. I'm lucky they are in my life. I look up to all of them. I'm thankful for my sisters. What would I do without them? They are my best friends. Everyone of them has such a special quality about them. They are all unique and wonderful! I love them so much. And last but not least, I'm thankful for the Gospel. Sometimes I feel like life is so busy, I wonder if I'm talking enough to my Father in Heaven. The answer is yes. All the time. I couldn't get through life without him helping me, reassuring me, guiding me, loving me, and most of all bringing peace into my heart everyday. I'm truly blessed and I'm happy today I can reflect on life a little and count my blessings one by one.

No comments:
Post a Comment