Tanner decided he was going to start crawling. He really doesn't even sit up well yet. I don't blame him though... I think he's trying to get away from an older brother (eh hum...Dax) that flattens him most days. He can get up on his knees great but them he scoots backwards with his arms and feet. It's really hard to get where you want to go when your moving backwards!
Tanner makes progress with crawling every week that goes by. He is really starting to understand what to do. He get on all 4's and you can see his determination in his face. He starts to move back and forth a bit and now he is starting to reach is arm out to move forward. Ah! I can't believe it. He's growing up so fast. We were at Nancy's house and my keys were on the floor. He wanted them so bad he inched forward, flopped a tiny bit more, did it again and again and grabbed them. Success!
It can be rough at times learning to crawl though. One day he was scooting forward and he flopped pretty hard and scuffed up his cute little nose.
We goo and gawk over Tanner so much I think Dax feels a little left out sometimes.... He too had to show me how well he could crawl! Look out Tann, you got some competition!
Emilee let us borrow this fun jumper toy. I stayed up cleaning it and making it perfect for Tanner. He liked it the first few times he jumped. Then it became like a torture chamber, he would scream if I would try and put him in it.
Well that and he had to endure Daxton who likes to maul him every chance he gets. He loves to hug him, a little too much. We also have been trying to teach Dax it's not nice to poke Tanner in the nose or the eye.... no matter how cute they are. One day Tanner will get him back.
Daxton is a good brother. He loves to stand up on the crib and entertain Tann for me. Tanner's new thing he does while he lays on his back is he waves his arms up and down as fast as he can! It's like he's ready to take flight... oh my cute little feathers! His name really does fit him.
Tann hangs with me pretty much wherever I go... laundry room included. I finally heard him say ma-ma!!! I didn't believe it but a week went by and he said it again! He doesn't say it a lot, but I'll take it!
Dax really does loves to play with Tanner. I think he's excited that he is moving more and not just a fradgile thing to hold. He gave him his fireman hat to wear and ran around yelling "FIREMAN TANN TO THE RESCUE!!!"
It was pretty cute. He decided to be the Dr. if Tann was the Fireman.
Then he gave him a checkup...after he rolled him up in a blanket. Sweet Tanner, your such a patient baby.Tanner has gotten to be very loud!!! He has found his voice. He squeels and it's high!! It's very cute.
When Isaac comes home from school he doesn't let Tanner go. I can tell he misses him. Tanner lights up when he sees Isaac or Dax. He really loves both of his brothers.
Tanner got sick this month, again. He had a high fever. I hate when babies are all stuffy and snoggly. It makes me so very sad for them. Brett brought the swing into his room. He couldn't sleep on his back because he couldn't breathe.
Food is still a big interest to Tanner. I let him try chocolate pudding. As I'm writing this I'm thinking how insane I am to give him pudding at 7 months! But he loved it. What's not to love? It's chocolate!
These mesh nets are the coolest things for babies!! He loves eating mangos and strawberries in them.
It's hard trying to change a moving target... especially several times a day. Tanner is horrible when it comes to changing him. He lays there long enough for you to get his diaper off (if your lucky) and then within a blink of an eye he twists his body and flips to his stomach in hopes to crawl away. Can I just tell you, he is always very pleased with himself! Then you turn him over and it starts all over again!
Look at this face! Look at his baby bird hair... oh I'm so in love.
Later in the month Tanner has really taken off crawling! I was starting to get worried at how fast he was. Brett was going out of town for work and I asked him to put the gate up on the steps. He didn't. He told me, "He's like a snail Ash. I think you can catch him." Well, this snail seriously learned to book it over a few days! Sadly he was playing on the carpet and within minutes I heard him crying... it sounded far away. I looked over the stair well and there he was. Flat on his back looking up at me from the bottom of the steps. Talk about worst mother of the year award! My 7th month old fell down the steps and I didn't even hear him! I ran down frantically looking him over. He appeared happy, a little frightened, but in one piece. Can I just insert this here... all 3 of my kids have had a step incident when they were babies now! NO MORE STEPS CHILDREN! Isaac broke his leg when I slipped down the back yard steps, a gate was left open and Dax sailed down these same steps in a walker and now Tanner magically tumbled down them. Yes, just hand me that award now please.Brett felt terrible as he was away, but when he got back in town we re-created how it could have happened. We even had Tanner crawl to me to see how he would have fell. (Yes, I'm basically making him re-create the scene under supervision!) We think he slid on his tummy superman style. He had some rug burns on his knees and arms, so it all added up. I'm so grateful there were little angels carrying him down safely.
And as a side note, how adorable are these monkey bum pajamas?!!!
How cute are these two boys? Tanner still doesn't have the greatest sleeping schedule... go to bed little friend. Who can put a face that cute in bed and make him cry?Oh and did I mention Tanner waves?! Cutest little hand, I could just eat it up!! Bye bye feathers!

No comments:
Post a Comment