It's time for a big boy tub! I don't think he knew what to think of this giant tub. But he seemed to like it. Maybe he liked all the people staring at him. Isaac and Dax find it fascinating that Tanner can take a tubby in the the big bath. Needless to say, bath time is a little crowded!
When you talk to Tanner his eyes get SO BIG. Then he will put his hands out and touch your face when you smile at him. He loves when you kiss him and blow on his tummy. He will giggle so loud.He loves Sophie the Giraffe! Grandma Linda and Grandpa Dale gave it to him. It really is a great squeaker/teething toy!
On New Year's Eve he grabbed his toes for the first time! I love this picture!!! He was squealing, which he is getting so loud, and then grabbing his toes and playing with his giraffe. He's such a little person and yet there is so much to do.
Did I mention how much he loves to eat people's face? I think he's trying to kiss... but it usually ends with him trying to eat your face, leaving it very slobbered on. It's so much cuter with a baby doing it over a dog though!
Tanner loves his brother's. Dax is around him in the day while Isaac's at school. He is always talking with him and trying to be extra helpful. Tanner lights up with Isaac or Dax come in the room.
What an angelic face! Really, I just adore his face and snapping pictures of him. He is such a happy baby. Never fusses, just "talks." He sounds like he's trying to say words (and the boys tell me all kinds of things he says!) He loves to spit, squeal, and giggle!
If I take a picture of Tanner, Daxton usually wants his picture taken too!
He's got a good grip and the boys love to give him toys to hold. We call Tanner a lot of nicknames like "Tann the Man, Little Bambino, and Tanny Tann Tann." Our favorite is still "feathers."
Tanner is getting interested in things we eat or drink. One night they boys were in bed and it was 9:10 at night. He was so happy I decided to pop open a jar of butternut squash baby food and let him taste it. Tann wasn't sure what to think. I think he liked it, but wasn't sure. Brett recorded me... noting the time saying, "only Ashley would give her child his first taste of food at 9 o'clock at night!" My other two it was so formal, first bite in the highchair... he was on my hip, no bib, and just tasting food. I can tell I'm a little more relaxed and excited to feed this baby some food!At 5 1/2 months, February 9th, Tanner decided to start rolling. He worked so hard and finally flipped over from his back to his tummy. I am so happy for him, but it makes me sad. He liked laying on his tummy and seemed pleased with himself (unless he was tired, then he just looked sad and miserable!) Daxton decided to "help" him and he pushed him onto his back. Tanner ended up smacking his head and crying. Sometimes older brothers are a little too good at "helping."
It didn't take Tanner long to realize he was going to get run over by his older brother if he didn't learn to move. So days after learning to flip onto his tummy, he learned to flip right back over from his tummy to his back.
I wish we could say we have a great sleeping schedule, but both Tanner and Dax like to make their way into our bed at night. I had to laugh the morning I found them sleeping the same way.

No comments:
Post a Comment