Friday, January 6, 2012

Daxton's 2nd Birthday!!!

My little monkey is growing up so quick! It's like over night he went from this little baby to this little 2 year boy who talks and is great and teasing people. He has a smile that lights up the room and he can be the sweetest thing or a small terror. Either way, I love this kid and wanted to do something special for his birthday!
Daxton's new favorite show is Chuggington on the Disney channel. He can tell you all the train names. His favorite is Brewster (blue), Wilson, (red), and Koko (she is green and purple.) He also loves Zephie ... and so do I, so I got Zephie, Wilson and Brester as cake toppers. He carries them in his little hands everywhere he goes.
I worked during his nap time to get the cake finished and the house decorated so he would be surprised when he woke up.
I'm happy to say, he was!!! He loved the balloons all over and played with them forever! Then, he spotted his cake. Can I just say, the look on his little face made every second of making his cake worth it.
He was so excited!!! He kept saying, "Trains mom!!! My cake mom!!!" It melted my heart and I was thrilled with how much he loved it!
He sat at the table for over an hour looking at his cake with a big smile on his face! He didn't want to leave it or even really touch it (surprisingly enough!) He just starred... like his favorite show had came to life. I was happy to let him cause I cleaned up the kitchen while he talked about his cake.
I finally pulled him away from his cake and got him in a tubby. He's so silly. His new favorite thing to do in the tubby is try and stuff two balls in his mouth and the same time. It's makes me laugh so hard. He also has gotten brave and likes to swim on his tummy.
We had Brett's parents and sisters family over for cake and ice-cream. Dax didn't mind the attention! Isaac gave him this little car chair he picked out all by himself. Dax loved it! He sat in it to open every present. He loved his sunglasses we gave him. He wore his sunglasses inside for a while! I don't know how he could see. Isaac also made him this cute card. I had to take a picture cause I loved it so much.
He wrote "2's" all over the front.
And made stars and balloons on the inside.
Grandma and Grandpa gave him a little talking computer. He has had so much fun with "his first leaptop!" Aunt Emilee gave him a little basketball hoop and he was thrilled to be-able to reach his own hoop.
Every piece of wrapping paper Dax would pull off he would give to Grandpa LaMonte to hold. It was so funny. Grandma Mona gave him some fuzzy warm pajamas. He loved them and was so excited! Anything that feels snugly and warm like his favorite blanket he adores!
We gave him Geo Trax planes. One is an airport and the other is a barn. There are two planes and they fly around. He was so excited and spent so much time flying them. Weeks after he would just sit and fly them.
He loved cake time!!! He blew out each candle, one at a time.
You know when Dax is really happy cause I can get a cute smile from him. I love this picture of him and his cousins! (Lilly, Elizabeth, Dallin, and big brother Isaac.)
I think he was equally happy with how the cake tasted as well as it looked!

Happy 2nd Birthday Daxton!!!!!!! We love you!!!!!!!

No comments: