My SIL Emilee had a great idea to go visit her brother and his wife over Spring Break in April. I thought it was so great, I joined in! We packed up, kissed Brett and left for a few days. Brett was thrilled to have the house to his self, but only for the first couple days. Then he started to get board and wondered what to do all by himself. Us on the other hand had something to do almost every minute!
The car ride was eventful and not one I'm wanting to take again anytime soon. 4 hours is a long time in a car by yourself with 2 kids. Dax was at the mercy of Isaac and so was I. I depended on him to hand Dax what he needed, but the got old after the first 20 minutes. Isaac was busy, making creations and watching Ice Age 3 on the Ipad, playing on his Leapster, and enjoying all the treasures I packed for him. So unless I passed back a cookie it was hard to get his attention. By the time we got outside of Beaver I was done. Luckily, we pulled off and I was following Em and her mom. Her kids were happy clams watching a show so Nancy came with me and revived the rest of my car ride! Thank heavens!
Nancy and Emilee stayed in a hotel with her kids and I stayed at Brandon and Shaylah's house. Sad to say, that was my last stay because they are moving to Georgia in June. We will miss them like crazy!
There was a lot of fountains and splashy things around, which always makes Dax a little nervous at first, but him and Isaac both loved the froggy slide.
That is until they got to go down the MEGA TWIST SLIDE! I took Isaac first. Up and down, up and down. We did this slide over and over and he would just ride on my lap giggling the whole way down!
Then I saw a little baby riding on it with her dad and thought to myself... I wonder if Dax would like it? So I slapped on a life jacket and off we went... don't judge me just yet! I know, taking my 17 month old down a giant slide probably won't land me Mother of the Year... and I thought he might cry, but he LOVED IT!!!! Oh my goodness. Just like Isaac we went up and down and up and down laughing and giggling all the way down! I couldn't take both kids at once cause I had to lift them up out of the big water at the bottom. So Em helped me by taking one down or catching Isaac at the end... as he went down this big slide by himself! Impressive! I was so glad for Em, cause she not only had to help get her kids to the edge but grabbed mine too! What a woman! They were never scared and my legs got such a good workout. Not to mention, I had fun! I love slides!
Shaylah definitely knows the best spots in town because she had a really fun park we went to! It was all metal and had some serious fun big kid toys! Isaac loved the skateboard. The older kids could go pretty high!
Swinging ropes and twirly whirls that if you spun too fast you would get sick! It was so fun!
The round wheel was on a slope so gravity could be in your favor and it was like a tiny roller coaster if you got it going fast enough. With Shay and I together... we gave the kids a pretty fun ride. And once again, we got a great leg workout!
Isaac and I loved the twirly chairs. I could go round and round forever! Isaac ran around and played with his cousins and then he met a couple little boys his same age. He was thrilled. He talks a lot to people and makes friends instantly! He included these little boys and ran around the park with them. He's such a good kid! I'm glad he likes making new friends.
It was fun hanging out at Shaylah's and Brandon's house. They took great care of us. Shay even made the best Honey Chicken Enchiladas and brownies in the world!Dax and Tayven were busy bodies together. Tayven showed Dax the ropes around his house and introduced him to his favorite toy, the spatula! Isaac was pleased and used it to. If we were cooking and missing utensils, we could usually find them outside on the grass.
Lil was as cute as ever playing house and Isaac was busy being his sweet self helping his brother slide.
Daxy wondered into the backyard a lot. He couldn't resist being outside and having so much freedom with his cousins! And Breah was her sweet little self sharing her toys. Isaac and Dax got balls when we went and visited my Aunt Vicki and her new house. They were thrilled! She gave them giant bouncy balls and giant suckers. A kids dream!
We even managed to get a darling picture of all the grandkids together!
And it wouldn't be the same without tubby time for the two young ones. Dax and Tayven were so funny splashing together!Everyday I went and visited my grandparents. Gramp likes to sleep a lot, but when he saw my boys he sat up. He loves kids and was tickled watching them. Isaac really likes my grandparents. He knows Grandma Shirley because of his famous silky blue blanket she made him that he adores. So it was special for him to be there with her. She gave him a little glass fish to have, which really made his day. We brought gramp a candy bar which always makes like great for him. Gramp thought the boys were darling. He just smiled watching them play.
Grams let Isaac take Dax for a spin on her walker. I think both boys enjoyed that!
We went to the splash park while we were there. I wish we had some fun splash pads like St. George. It's a perfect way for the kids to cool off!Shaylah decided we should do a project while we were there. She is a very crafty person! So she came up with making ducks. They turned out soooo darling! We ended up putting little bows on the side of their head. They look like those Suzy Zoo ducks!
Shay and I stayed up a bit to late one night gluing on feathers and things got a little crazy. We were laughing so hard, we couldn't stop. She even pulled out her old witch nose from a play she was in. I'm pretty sure it wasn't a witch, maybe a scary character from Wizard of Oz. It doesn't matter, the point was is she was busy acting things out for me and I was laughing so hard! I just love that girl!
Before we left for home, we took the kids to the park one last time. There was this perfect little spot they found that looked like the perfect place for a little ice cream shop. They used the wood chips to make all kinds of tasty treats and Breah was the customer. I love when kids are creative like that!Daxy was chillin' at the slide having a great time!
And this, is one of my favorite pictures of all. Isaac and Dax were on a little walk together. I think they look so precious side by side.
On our way out of town, we stopped one more time to say goodbye to my grandparents. Both of these pictures just warms my heart. I learned Isaac is such a caring little person. He has a great connection with people. He instantly loved my grandparents and wanted to be by them, talking with them, and caring for them. He was really sad to leave them. He didn't understand why we wouldn't come back the next day. I'm so lucky to have a son who has the same love for people as Christ does. He is a great example to me. He talks about his grandparents often and misses them. Recently, I went to see them on a trip out of town and he was so sad he couldn't come with me to visit them.
My Grandpa Milt hugged Isaac for a long time. Isaac didn't care, he just hugged him back.
Since we were saying bye to Grandparents, we stopped in Mona to say hello to Grandma Mona and to let the kids run around. It was a wonderful trip! Lot's of fun with the girls and kids. We did so much and had a wonderful time! We missed our dad like crazy and they boys couldn't wait to see him.


No comments:
Post a Comment