I've always wanted the long flowing locks that I could get up and curl and make really darling. I love the idea of having the long hair blowing in the wind or the curls bouncing as you walk. Well, guess what? After 3 years of trying to achieve that, I've decided it's not possible. I'm done with the madness!!! I really only wanted long hair for my friends wedding and it was cute that ONE day! The hair blowing in the wind I talked about... not like you see in the movies, mine was a rats nest in a ball by the time I got inside! And the curls? Oh they never happened. You have to have TIME to do curls! Plus, I'm pretty sure my hair went on strike and stopped growing.
Yes, there were days I liked my hair. I spend a lot of time round brushing and flat ironing it. And then there are the days I don't have time to do my hair or in the midst of running around helping my kiddos and cleaning up their spills, my hair DRIES and I look like a character from Fraggle Rock! See the resemblance in the scary picture below....
BEFORE
Yes! I know. It's a frighting picture. My son took an even scarier one of my if you can believe it! And after seeing that I decided my dream of flowing hair was dead. I'm done! I'm decided it was time to go to the "Mom haircut."
AFTER
I have even gone a little shorter since this picture, cause when your hair is short it grows fast. But guess what? I love it. I can do it quickly, and I have a style! Which I so love. So maybe one day I will achieve my long locks dream, but for now I'm moving on to short and sassy! Brett says it fits my personality better anyway!

No comments:
Post a Comment