It's hard to believe how fast my little Isaac is growing up! Next month he will be 5. That's just crazy! He has loved school and made lot's of new friends this year... but he says, "I'm so ready for Kindergarten!"A couple of months ago in preschool, Isaac started learning word families. They learned the "at" family. Later that day he was writing on a piece of paper. He looked at Brett and said, "Dad, if you want to spell a word, you just have to have a piece of paper and a pencil." Then he started sounding out every letter and wrote it down after he sounded it out. He wrote, read, and spelled, CAT, MAT, HAT, RAT, and SAT. I was so proud of him!!! I couldn't believe it. We were shocked. He even said, "I want to spell Ashley." He then wrote "A" and asked, "what letter makes the shhhh sound?" I love this kid! Since then, he has learned more word families and he writes words on everything!
I found words written on balloons. My favorite: FAT CAT
After learning the "AT" family. He learned the "AN" family. He came home and looked at his words. He got so excited when he realized he could put BAT and MAN together and make the coolest word ever... BATMAN! He is doing so good with his reading too. We have boughten a few site word books that he can read on his own and other books his teacher sends home he sounds out and can read too! It's very exciting to see his progress. He is good at writing his numbers and letters and he has learned out to read all the O'clocks.
The older Isaac gets the less excited he is to do chores. I wish I could say he will grow out of that... but I'm almost positive he won't. So, we made a chore chart for him. My friend had one that I like the idea of it, so I tweaked it and made one of my own. It looks complex, but its not. The top 3 papers are just all the different types of jobs he can do or days of the week. Everyday he just looks at the picture and it tells him what to do. Simple things like, brush teeth, do hair, share, play with brother, no shouting etc... Some are harder, like a mystery job (moms job choice) or unloading the dishwasher. When he does these things he gets to put a star under it. When it's complete, he colors in a square until he reaches his prize. His first prize was going to the dollar store, his second prize was going bowling.
Isaac chose a growing snake at the dollar store. Here is is... small.
He stuck it in water and faithfully watched it for 3 days while it grew.
And, TA DA!!!! It's HUGE!!!!! And wiggly! Both Daxton and him were thrilled with it!
2nd Prize: Bowling
Isaac loves to bowl and wants to go all the time. He takes so much time in picking his favorite color and weight of ball. Not to mention he thinks the shoes are pretty awesome.
Daxton has been to the bowling ally, but this was his first time bowling and he loved it!I gave up my entire round to him because he wanted to take everyones bowling balls and roll for them. He got such a kick out of it and giggled every time it was his turn.
Crafting Corner
Isaac is always making things. I thought this little skateboarding man was very clever. He loves this little skateboard and needed a little guy to ride on it, so he made one. He also made a bunny ears hat for Easter. The ears were darling! He loves tape. Most days I have tape strung around my house. It is usually being used as a "bridge" or "gate." I love his creativity!
He is always proud of his artwork from school. He keeps them on display. Another new fascination for him is taking pictures of objects together. I find pictures of blankets and groupings of things... like the remote next to the paper or a fork placed by a sippy cup. It makes it interesting when I load my pictures on my computer!
Funny Phrases
Isaac's always saying funny things. I wish I would be better at writing them down, but for now here is a couple.
I was asking a question to Isaac and I didn't hear his response. He finally said, "MOM! My throat hurts and I'm tired. Don't make me tell you again!"
I: Mom! Rosco is peeing in his cage!
M: That's okay. Dad can spray it out.
I: But mom! Dogs are suppose to go potty on the grass!
M: It's fine. It's not a big deal.
I. (Said very sarcastically:) Alright, that's fine. I guess if you don't want him to be a REAL dog.
Isaac has a new fascination with spitting. I guess it's a boy thing? He spits everywhere! While he rides his bike, walking, INSIDE (which his mother has not been happy about!) He loves to see how creative he can get. Recently, he sat outside attempting to spit sideways from his mouth. BOYS!

1 comment:
What a smart little guy and I love his crafts, especially the one on the skate board!!! :)
Post a Comment