I am getting old. I turned 28 this year! That means I have been out of High school for 10 years! How did that happen? I used to by the new younger person in my neighborhood and now I'm not. I've lived here almost 5 years and I'm an older mom with little kids. (Okay, not that old. But still!) I love my life though. I love where I live, my friends, my family, my darling children, and mostly my husband. I wouldn't change any of it!
Everyone was so great on my birthday. Isaac especially worked extra hard to be so wonderful for me on my birthday. He wouldn't leave a room or walk out of the house without shouting, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" He made me so many darling creations, I had to write them all down so I would always remember them:
*He made this darling card and when you opened it there was a 3D flower inside. I was very impressed!
*He found a happy birthday plate and turned it into a frisbee and hung it on the wall for me.
*He made me a paper fan.
*He gave me a pink balloon.
*He made me a bookmark (but if you turned it on its side it could also be a beanstalk) out of paper.
*He made me a paper knife.
*He made a snack for me, pretzels and crackers. He laid them out on the table. And to wrap them, he stuck a pillow on top! (That was one of my favorite presents cause it made me laugh so hard.)
And for the grand finale....
*He preformed a musical number!!!!!!!!! He used his harmonica, pencil drumsticks and several metal bowls and played a me a beautiful birthday song.
What more could a mother want? It totally made my day! It meant a lot to me that he put so much thought into making my birthday special. He's such a sweet little boy.Brett was also a very sweet husband! I couldn't ask for a better egg then him! He knows I am not a cake fan... which makes making me something for my birthday a bit tricky cause it's not just picking up a cake mix. I typically like lemon pie, which he is always willing to make me. But this year, he went above and beyond and he made me a cookie-dough, chocolate chip, cheesecake from scratch! WOW. Talk about YUM!
We had gotten a spring form pan from our wedding... 8 years later we finally used it! It worked splendidly!
This was Brett's very first time making a cheesecake. He made put everything together, baked it... and it turned out so pretty!!!
Brett seriously has great cooking skills. He is more patient then I am. He follows a recipe exactly and everything always turns out beautifully!
The boys all sung Happy Birthday to me! We had our friends Sue and Tania over to share in the delicious cheesecake... (which they loved too!) It was a blast. The boys bought me an outside table and my lime green chairs for my patio. I love them! Thank you boys for making my birthday so wonderful!
No comments:
Post a Comment