Thursday, June 30, 2011

Doodle Noodle! Daxton Doings, 18 & 19 Mo. Old

Daxton is such a joy! The kid smiles all the time and just makes us laugh. 18 and 19 months have flown by so fast I had to mash them together in one post. He's learning so much, I honestly can't keep the months straight anymore. Since Dax was little, we have been calling him different nicknames, (and he responds to all of them!) one of them is, "Doodle Noodle." We were eating mac n' cheese the other day and his nick name rang true. We were all laughing so hard we had to take a picture.

Our little doodle was covered in noodles! Not just on his shirt but he managed to get a bunch on his head too!

Dax went through a faze where he didn't want to eat, now he eats a lot a few times a week. So that's better then nothing. He likes banana's but his new favorite is Jello. He even learned to annunciate it. It's so cute when he asks for jello. And when he eats it he's so gitty! 
Isaac won't always take the time to chauffeur his little brother in the jeep, so Dax took matter into his own hands and figured out how to push the peddle. Off he went! With the wind in his hair, he was laughing so hard. He was really pleased to learn to do this. He can't steer, but we can direct him different ways.
This boy is a candy addict! He's always saying, "want some!" It sounds more like, "I want gum" but when I figured it out, he wants some of anything anyone is eating! He rummages through my pantry looking through easter baskets (that sadly still have candy in there and they are sitting in my pantry.) He has figured out how to climb on a step stool, open the snack drawer and bring me what he wants. If he is across the house and he hears a candy wrapper open, within seconds he is running down the hall and sitting under your feet screaming, "want some peeees!!" (I want some please!)
Dax is all boy. He loves being outside, just like his brother. He loves playing with dirt, water, toys, bugs, the dog... you name it, he plays with it! One day he was so fascinated with a bug he would smash his little face against the cement to get a better look at it. He got so excited with this potato bug running around he stood up and smashed it. Poor thing, he didn't even see it coming!
Daxy is always so busy, he gets tuckered out the minute we put him in the car. He's a little parrot. He copies everything you say. And if it's too quite, he's jabbering and telling you some kind of story. It usually involves Rosco and Isaac. He has learned to talk a lot! From 18 months he said anything you told him to. My favorites are, muff (muffin), sucka (sucker), fuff fuff (ruff ruff), ah go! (I wanna go), he ya go (here you go), Peees! (please), dank you (thank you), outside, Rosco, downstairs, walk, down, gampa (grandpa), hug, cookie, book, hello, dirty, fix it, hi! and unbuckle. This is just a handful of the many words he uses!
Dax is a true Daddy's boy. He wants to spend every minute with him. If he hears the garage open, he knows daddy is home and he goes running to great him and the front door. If dad is going outside, so is Dax. There is no escaping him. He wants his dad to hold him. It even got to the point that he wouldn't let me pick him up out of his crib, dad had to do that to. If I would come in, he would shake his head and drop back onto his bed. Nice. Makes a mother feel real loved. 
You think Dax loves his dad... that's nothing compare to grandpa! There was a reason he was named "Daxton LaMonte." We didn't now it at the time, but Grandpa LaMonte and Dax have some very special bond. Nobody comes between them. Dax will spot grandpa from far away and all he wants to do is "unbuckle" or "walk" just to get out and see him. He will say over and over, "gampa! gampa!" Until he gets to him. Poor Grandma. When Grandpa is around Dax won't give her much attention. She can't pick him up and love him cause he just wants grandpa. He knows grandpa will do anything for him, go outside, play ball, take him downstairs. He's really figured it out!
Daxy is about the sweetest little pea. He is always giving kisses and waving to everyone. If doesn't matter if he knows them or not, if you make eye contact with him, he talks to you. He waves to all the cars going by. We say prayers with him all the time and the other day, we said "time to say prayer." Dax folded his little arms and repeated everything I was saying. It was his first little prayer. So cute!
My friend Tania was talking with him, telling him he was a "brown baby" because he was getting so tan. Dax kept repeating, Brown Baby! He loves chocolate milk. This started because I was trying to get him to like sippy cups over his bottle. It worked, we got rid of his bottle! But, now Dax asks for "chocolate milk!" I must say, chocolate milk is better then bath water. He likes to drink that too. Yuck! I'm glad we got rid of the bottle though, thats a milestone for me! Now to get rid of the binki... I think that might be more tricky!
Daxy loves books. Since we started going to the library and picking out his own, he gets so excited and jumps up and down when it's time to read stories. He can read a ton in a row we finally just have to stop and pull him away from the books.
Just like Isaac, Dax got a mosquito bite but his was on his head. It grew over a day and then spread to his eye. I felt so bad, his eye was swollen shut! For 3 days the poor kid couldn't see.
 He's loving the nice weather and loves the pool outside.
I don't love the pool cause I'm worried he will fall, so I bought him this super tiny little pool to sit in. It works. He still loves the big one, but when the big kids are being rough at least he has something else to play in. He's at such a fun age. He loves to take your hand and lead you to where he wants to go. He will grab your face and position it to look right at him. He always knows exactly what he wants!
Every now and again sad things happen. Like the day Dax refused to sit in the cart and Walmart. I couldn't let him walk, cause he would run away. So I stuck him in the back with a toy. He was sitting and the minute I looked away, he stood up, leaned over and fell completely out of the cart. Landing with a thud on the ground. I felt so bad!!!!!!! What kind of mom am I? I was by the sporting goods section and after I calmed him down, I used a flashlight to check his eyes. I'm so glad nothing terrible happened. Because of that, my impulse buy (which I've almost bought a dozen times) was this puppy leash. I figure then I could keep track of him and he could talk if he wanted to. It woks ok. Sometimes he yells at me cause he doesn't want to follow me.
The day we got it, Isaac asked, "can I get Dax's leash and take him for a walk around the house?" And he did! Now he thinks he's a puppy.
Dax admires Isaac. He can't keep up with him quite yet. When Isaac and his friends are running up the stairs, Dax is a few feet behind yelling, "I wanna come, peeees!" Breaks my heart! Luckily, Isaac's a good big brother and loves to hang with Dax. (It's usually him making him scream more then anything... but hey, it's quality time together!)
This is my very favorite picture of the boys! 
Dax thinks he's big like Isaac and wants to do everything like him. The other night we were getting in the tubby. Dax watches Isaac got potty and then jump in the tub every night. So it shouldn't have come to such a surprise, when Dax runs into the bathroom shouting, "pee pee!" Knowing he wouldn't do it, I grabbed the little potty and said, here, sit on the little potty. Dax walked out in the hall, shaking his head no. Then he smiled, said, "pee pee" again and peed all over my floor. WHAT? Maybe in a few months watching Isaac will really pay off and he can potty train Daxy for me. 
I always tell Isaac to be nice to Dax, cause they will be best friends. I'm glad he looks after him and takes such good care of him. I don't know what I would do without these two crazy boys in my life. They mean everything to me!

No comments: