Sunday, April 17, 2011

Isaac's Preschool Field trip to the Zoo! 2011

The Zoo has some "free" days to the Zoo on certain days of the month during the winter. It's to help giveback to the community.  I had told Miss Angela about this and we decided it would be a fun fieldtrip! So at the end of February, we went. It looks cold, but suprisingly it was a really nice day! Just a little chilly. 
 Isaac does have more kids in his class then this, they just trickled in a little late!

We had to get a classic "head in the mouth of a lion" picture. Though Isaac was sad that the fountains weren't turned on.
 Isaac can almost be a gorilla himself! 

 The elephants weren't out much, so we improvised with sitting on a fake one!

 Everyone rode on the carousel. I was a designated picture taker, so I ran around the carousel while it was spinning snapping pictures of everyone. Good thing I like spinny things!

The Tigers were out! Every time I go they are always asleep! They were walking by everyone and roaring their loud roars! I was so impressed. They are so big! With everyone standing around it was hard to get Isaac and the tiger in a decent picture, but I thought this one with him posing was so darling, who needs the real tiger!
Isaac and Trevan spent most of the time together and they loved the giraffes! They would get so close to us, I wanted to reach out and touch them! Isaac insisted that we go down and look at their feet. They are much smellier down below!
Isaac's hand still has a ways to grow before he catches up to the gorillas hand. The boys were fascinated with the gorilla. He was inside and he was tearing apart and eating a cardboard box. He was fast. If he dropped it up high, he would grab it with his toes. He was so fun to look at.
 After lunch, the kids played for a while at the discovery park. They loved sitting in the egg.

And being a turtle. (However, the turtle isn't far from the truth! For some reason, this age group can be super fast or sooooo slow!) It was a fun day! We had a ball!

No comments: