14 Months hasn't been the best for Dax, he has spent a good part of it being sick. I could have really done without that. But, between being sick, having walking pneumonia, and now RSV, he still managed to be as cute as ever and learned a new handful of tricks!
Daxton loves the stairs. He could play all day on them. He makes me crazy because he used to go down slow. Now he straightens his legs and lets himself fly down! It's very nerve racking. When I can't keep an eye on him, he stands at the top of the gate, shaking it and yelling at me to open it. He's very demanding! If I don't come open it, he starts yelling, "ISAAC!" He's good at saying Isaac's name. It's pretty funny to hear such a little thing shout at his brother. Brett says it sounds just like when I yell for Isaac to come.He loves being with Isaac. If Isaac has a friend, or goes downstairs to play, Daxton follows right behind. He hates to be left out. I'm so glad Isaac and Trevan like to include Dax. Isaac has a basketball hoop in his room and loves to shoot hoops. Now Daxton is obsessed with it. If he sees a ball, he says, "ba" and points you into the direction of the hoop so you can lift him up and he can make a basket! He is all boy!
Which leads me to this next picture. How is it that when boys are so tiny, they automatically pick up a car or plane and know how to make the noise to go along with it? Dax loves this airplane and likes to zoom it through the house!
The sweetest thing in the world is when Daxton learned how to fold his arms. You tell him, "it's time to say prayer" or "fold your arms" and he does it! One night we were kneeling around Isaac's bed saying prayer and Dax was crawling around on the floor. Toward they end of the prayer, Brett had me look over at the end of the bed and there stood my baby boy - his head peeking up over the bed with his arms folded! Talk about melt your heart!!!! Oh I'm so in love with him!Dax loves to admire himself. He likes sitting in-front of the mirror making faces. He is learning parts of the body so he likes to find his tongue. He knows where his nose is and everyone else's. He loves to smoosh everyones nose!
He says "ah oh" when he drops something... which is all the time because dropping things on the floor is his favorite game! Good thing he has a good big brother who will keep picking it up for him!
He loves balloons and he calls them "boons."
When taking a bath he LOVES to drink the bath water from his stacking cup, gross. I tell him not to, but then he giggles and does it anyway. He loves to play in water!
He touches his chest when he is referring to himself. I was putting away croutons in the pantry the other day and he started to scream to get my attention (and when Dax screams, I'm sure all the neighbors can hear it! It's very high pitched. I think he's learned to compete with Isaac he's got to be loud!) Anyways, he got my attention and then started patting his chest saying, "me?" I can't help but give him anything he wants when he does that. It's too cute!
He has gotten a lot of teeth and he loves to use them. If we are laying on the couch and we have our toes sticking out, he comes by and chomps them! Ouch! Watch out!! He's only bit my shoulder once and he I was so shocked I scared him, he hasn't done it since.
He loves to give kisses especially if he sees daddy give me a kiss, he HAS to join in. He also learned to blow kisses, which is super cute.
He keeps Isaac in line at church. Isaac was being noisy and Dax (probably from watching me) put his finger to his lips and said, "shhhhh!!" I laughed so hard!
He learned to say, "woof." He says it whenever he sees or hears a dog. He also likes to hang his tongue out like a dog. He has a zoo book and he loves to "whoooo" (howl) like the wolf. And he makes a seal noise that I can't even attempt to spell out!
Food is a passion of Daxton's. He loves to eat! I gave him a dipper stick to try eating yogurt and applesauce on his own. He loves that and it sure beats fighting over who gets to hold all the spoons!
When I give him food that is hot (or if he sees the stove or anything with steam) he waves his hand back and forth saying, "ha ha" meaning... hot hot. He has learned to blow on food that is hot. Not that his tiny blow would cool anything down, but it sure is cute to watch.
He loves cheese and says "cheese" very well! He says it for if I'm handing him cheese or if I'm holding the camera... smart kid!
When he's hungry he put his hand to his mouth telling us he wants food. And "mow" means he wants more food.
He loves water. If he hears the ice machine he screams at the top of his lungs because he wants your drink. Or at least he wants you to get him a drink as well!
He loves chocolate! He's a boy after my own heart. He knows what it is and loves every minute of it when he eats it.
When he's done eating he puts his hands up and says, "all done."
Daxton scoots chairs or stools to get where he wants to go. You can always find a chair being pushed around the house. It's how he "walks." He can climb up on anything. Most recently he climbed up on my computer desk and drew with PEN on my computer screen. If you need to know, rubbing alcohol will take that off.
He is getting closer to walking. I'm not rushing him, but Brett wants him to walk. He can stand on his own when he doesn't realize it. He can also squat down from standing without falling over. He's taken a few steps here and there, but he's not quite ready to walk.
He loves toothbrushes. His, mine, Isaac's, Bretts. It's been really fun trying to keep him away from them.
Because he's been so sick we use saline spray often. He now giggles when I spay it in his nose and then pretends to blow his nose by blowing with his mouth.
Dax smiles and laughs when someone gets hurt. Not very sympathetic!
He loves pulling his brothers hair and then to make up for it, he pets his hair and says, "sof"= soft.
He's super fast. Dax can disappear in a second because he can crawl so fast! If the door is left open for a second you can hear him booking it to crawl right out the door.
He loves being outside. It's still wet and cold and he doesn't understand why he can't crawl on the grass most days.
He loves his Hummer and loves the thrill of going fast. Our friends have a tiny 4-wheeler his size. He will push the button as he is flying backwards and zoom across the room, giggling.
When he sees anything Mickey Mouse he starts wiggling his head and body side to side singing the theme song, "da, da, da da da da!"
Daxton love his blanky. I've said that a hundred times, but he does! If he's tried he will call for it, "B! B!" When I hand it to him, he will snuggle up with it and say, "OH B!" In the car the other day he didn't feel well. He was snuggling with his "b." And I said, "Oh daxy, do you love your blanky?" And he said, "La U B!" (Love you B.)
Daxton is a busy body and keeps me very busy! If it wasn't for Isaac I don't know what I would do. If I'm showering and Dax comes to play in the toilet (and by play, I mean dip his hand in and lick it! Gross!) Isaac will come scoop him up and take him to do something else. Often we see Isaac scooping Dax up and carting him off to a new location. He's usually half running while carrying him cause Dax weighs 20 lbs! That's 1/2 of Isaac's weight! Dax just giggles and enjoys the run! It looks like this:
Daxy loves the toilet. I should really by a lock for it. We finally put locks on the cupboards so he would stop getting the toilet brush. But I guess he does earn his keep around here. He loves to clean! Scrub, scrub, scrub... he loves cleaning the toilet. I think it's gross and don't like him to.
He also likes to "clean clean." It's so cute when he says it, it sounds like, "keen keen." He will take a rag and help me wipe things. Every Monday he helps me clean my moms house. My sister, Liz who was cleaning, fell from a ladder and broke her arms and wrists. She has plates and pins now, poor thing. So we are now Dax and I are the new cleaning crew!
He loves to cook. He's obsessed with stirring. On the stove or in a bowl, he's pleased as punch to stir something.He's happy as a clam most days. Grandpa LaMonte says if he would have had kids like my boys he would order a dozen of them! I just love this kid and everything he does!
No comments:
Post a Comment