Saturday, July 31, 2010

Daxton Doings, On The Move!!! 8 Months Old

I can't believe almost 9 months ago I had a baby! He doesn't seem like a baby, he's very wiggly and he moves a lot! I'm just amazed at how fast these little guys grow up! Dax learned a new trick this month. Army crawling! He can get from point A to point B in no-time flat. I really have to watch what is on my floor because he will find even the tinniest strand of hair, pick it up, and eat it. Gross! But that's what babies do. 
Dax is getting stronger everyday. Now he's to the point where he will get up on his knees and rock back and forth. I know he wants to full on crawl so bad, but he seems to do just fine with his army crawling. Getting him to crawl on demand is pretty easy, but the best motivation is food. He loves puffs and if he sees one or even the bottle of them, he's off and crawling for them. Really, he loves all food and he screams if he you are eating food and aren't sharing with him. 

Here's a cute video clip of when he first started his army crawl. He is even faster now.
My sister, Rachel let me borrow her walker. Daxton LOVES it. He is so fast in it. He is always under my feet and chases me all around the house. He loves to steal my dishrag. I need to find a new place for it, I never have it when I need it now. He usually carts it over to the living room. If we open the fridge he takes off like a rocket because he loves pulling out the ketchup and mustard bottles. (really anything he can get his little hands on!) The downfall about the walker is he can reach a lot more things. He loves outlets or anything plugged into them and now he's in perfect reaching distance of them. He almost pulled a crock-pot over on him. Lesson learned, not to plug things into the middle counter anymore! It also shows me how dirty my floor really is. I swear I clean it, but his poor little socks get so dirty.The walker is also very entertaining for Isaac. He will "push" Dax all around the house. I see it more as almost crashing him into the couch and stopping him right before he rams into it! But they both laugh pretty hard.
Here's a little preview how quick Dax is in his walker. He can go faster, but I think I confused him by moving every-time he got close to me.

Daxton still loves the water. The water seems to make everything better. If he's unhappy, you can put him in a bath and he'll become happy as a clam. He loves to play with the running water. He won't stay on his back for long, so washing his hair is getting more challenging. He flips over so fast just so he can crawl around and kick his legs.
I have to laugh at this picture. It shows off his thumbs. Brett says I have hitch hiker thumbs (I never knew this) and he informed me Dax has my crazy thumbs. Meaning, they can bend back. I never knew anyones couldn't! Dax is also a bit of a thumb sucker. Not enough that I should be worried, but enough that it's pretty cute when I catch him in the act.

Dax is a very happy baby. He smiles a lot! So much that he's got his grandparents fooled to the point where they think he doesn't cry! (They are very wrong about that.) Dax can throw a fit with the best of 'em! If you take away something he really wanted, like paper or lay him down when he's not ready for a nap - he freaks out, screams, and turns bright red! It's pretty entertaining. He's becoming quite the little chatter box. He says, da da da, dad, dadeeeee. Brett's pretty proud of that. Unfortunately, it makes Isaac upset and wants him to say Isaac. So any babble remotely close to the word, Isee - Isaac gets so excited and says, "See! He's saying my name!" He also spits a lot. He thinks it's pretty funny. He loves to hear animal sounds! I can calm him down in the car by repeating his favorite book (which was also Isaac's favorite book when he was little) Moo, Baa, La, La, La!!

This picture shows off his curls so perfectly! They don't last all day, but right after a bath the top of his hair gets so curly. I love it!!! Dax is a very stable while sitting now. He can catch himself when falling or help walk himself down to the floor. He even sits really good in the tub now. Daxton loves noses. Really he loves anything he can grab. He thinks it's so great to pull your nose, hair, ears... anything sticking out.

Daxton puts up with a lot, but he loves Isaac. They are so cute together. Dax just stares at Isaac and watches his every move. One night I could hear them in their room together. Dax was giggling, so I got out the tape recorder. I recorded Isaac lightly kicking his big stuffed basketball over to Dax. It would lightly bump him and Dax would laugh so hard. Well, Isaac decided he wanted him to laugh harder, so he gave it a big old kick and SMACK! Daxton fell over. We have it all on film. It amazes me what a tough cookie Dax is. Isaac was jumping over his head one night and I told him to stop. He informed me that he was being a bat and just flying over his brother. I explained we were trying to prevent Dax from getting hurt. Isaac was pretty mad I squashed his fun and he said, "If I squish doodle it will just be an accident!" These boys are the best! I have a feeling they are going to keep me on my toes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh. My daughter learned about hitchhiker thumbs in a genetics unit at school, and she's been fixated ever since. She always notices people's thumbs! She and I don't have hitchhiker thumbs, but the rest of the family does. Turns out hitchhiker thumbs are a dominant trait. Who knew?!