Wednesday, July 7, 2010

5k Challenge... Check!

A goal I've always had is to run a 5k. People run them all the time, but I'm not a runner. So when Weight Watchers presented the 5k challenge, I decided to jump on board. It was a great run to start with, not scary and intimating. It was perfect.


My sweet husband ran it with me. Brett is one of those people who can run forever and not stop. I'm still working on that. He was surprised that I was pretty quite - because that's rare, but I'm also working on talking and running at the same time! 

I couldn't have done any of this if it wasn't for my dear friend, Tania. She is the person that makes me wake up in the morning, exercise, and achieve my goals. I just love this girl! Thanks Tania! 



Another great inspiration is my neighbor, Sue. She tole me about the challenge and I was honored to come and participate in it with her. We all finished and Wade even ran it with his son on his shoulders! It was really fun and great accomplishment for me!

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Good job Ashley! I'm totally not a runner either, so I'm very impressed.

And Rosco is so cute! We may have to get Tyler a puppy one day.

The Dansies said...

Way to go Ashley! I'm impressed. I'm definetely not a runnerbbbbrreah hhhh oyiy69ui 9667967777ptpptbiyyb yyu ytyyyy yyyuyyiy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yiiiiyyyyy66
we3rr44444444s454rjfdfffffffgfddff

The Dansies said...

Sorry, Breah kinda took over there, I guess she's impressed to. But as I was saying, i'm not a runner either so I admire you for doing it. Maybe someday it will inspire me to try.

And congrats on the new puppy. Breah thinks he's cute but doesn't want to pet him (she's terrified of dogs). Can't wait to see you guys in a couple weeks!