Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Here Comes Santa Claus!

I always love putting up my Christmas decorations. My favorite thing to do is shut off the lights and just look at the tree. It's so peaceful to me. Isaac was so excited to put up the tree, especially because he got to put up his own again and put the ornaments on anywhere he wanted. This year I added to my decorations a wreath for my door. I've been looking for the perfect wreath to match my tree but I've never found one. So, with a lot of help from my sister Rachel, we made this wreath!

My mom also thought it was time to give me her Precious Moments Nativity... which is so darling! (She was my same age when she got it and thought I would enjoy it.. and I do!) My dad is making a manger for them to sit in, so I'll add pictures when that's done.

Isaac has been counting down to Christmas for what seems like forever, so he's pretty excited it's almost here.

Isaac and his Santa Beard Countdown

He finally decided on what he wanted for Christmas and wrote his letter to Santa. He even drew pictures which were very cute! He asked for a basketball hoop and a basketball, (that's the tall blue drawing) a Woody and Buzz toy, and a real camera. (Which I hope Santa brings because he keeps dropping mine!)

The boys right before going to see Santa

We always visit the big red mail box to deliver Isaac's letter.

And of course, we had to visit the big man himself. Isaac wasn't shy. He sat on his lap and quietly told him he would like a basketball hoop and ball. Santa told him that he would try and surprise him and to keep being such a good little boy. Santa liked Isaac's hat and Daxton's Santa outfit. (We tried to be festive!) Just as we walked away from Santa, Isaac looked at me all big eyed and said, "Mom! I forgot to tell Santa what Dax wanted for Christmas!" I love that he looks out for his brother. But I wasn't about to go stand in line again, so I reassured Isaac that I told Santa Dax needed some clothes. Isaac was very relived.

As we were waiting in line to see Santa, this darling little train kept passing by. Isaac had recently seen the movie, "Mickey's Choo Choo Express" and to him, this was the Choo Choo Express! So Grandma Nancy took Isaac over to ride the train.

Mom and Isaac on the Choo Choo Express

What a cute train running through the mall!
The best was people would yell as you went by, "where does the train start?!" One girl even tapped Isaac's hand to say hello as he passed by... he looked a tad shocked!

As we are all getting excited for Christmas, today made it even more magical. We got a mysterious little letter in the mail. It was so darling. Santa himself sent Isaac and Dax a letter letting them know they were on the "nice list." Isaac's face lit up and he was so excited to learn Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer was so proud of him. It was a great surprise! I really appreciate Santa taking time to send a letter to my boys, even during his most busy season!


Isaac enjoyed Christmas last year but I love how this year he understands everything. He loves learning about Baby Jesus and what the star represents, he loves lights, (and hates that we don't have them on our house... note that for next year) he loves Christmas songs, Santa, wrapping presents, giving presents, and looking at all the pretty decorations. My favorite is when he thinks about things too much like, "Since we don't have a chimney, how will Santa get into our house?" or when Isaac has the idea of wanting to show Santa something of his he says, "Santa knows when I'm awake and he knows when I'm sleeping so when he comes he can just wake me up!" But my favorite is he knows he better be good so he can stay on the nice list and get presents... and that has helped a lot this month!

2 comments:

Lyme Girl said...

Love your Santa pics! Cutest ever!

Amber said...

Hey I remember when I was little Santa used to send me letters too! I loved it! I wonder why he stopped sending those...