Thursday, April 23, 2009

We Are So "Egg"cited!!!!

This won't come as a surprise to most of you, but I still wanted to share my good news!!!! I went to the Dr. today and heard the best sound in the world, one that puts any fear I have ever had behind me. I heard the heartbeat of our new baby!!!! That's right,  WE ARE HAVING A BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I couldn't be more thrilled. I am finally 12 weeks and feeling less and less sick as time goes on. My due date is November 5th, which is also my Grandpa O's. birthday. It seems forever away but it gives me more time to be excited and get things ready. 

Isaac has been wonderful and very helpful when he knows I don't feel well. He too says he has a baby in his tummy. Because I've been sick in the mornings, I like to sleep in. Isaac has been so kind to let me do so. He even knows how to turn on the TV and DVD player to watch a movie and curl up by me. The other morning he was playing in his room and I heard him run into go to the bathroom, but then.. no flush? Oh well, thats typical... I figured I would remind him. He then snuck into my room quietly and whispered, "mom I went potty but I didn't flush the potty cause it's loud and I didn't want to wake you up!" What a sweetheart! He was being so considerate of me. I couldn't help but laugh. I told him it was ok and he could flush anyways. Small things like this have really made these first 3 months more bearable! And as for my sweet husband, I don't know what I would do without him. He is such a trooper when I'm sick and tries to make life so easy! Thank you Brett, I love you! 

We can't wait for our new little addition!! The best news I have heard today is after my exam when the Dr. looked at me and said, "I couldn't think of a better start to your pregnancy!" It feels so good when everything is going how it should. Now, just another 196 days to go! 

22 comments:

April said...

I am SO happy and excited for you! Isaac is so precious. He is going to be an awesome big brother! Now we just have to wait to find out if you are having another sweet boy or an adorable little girl! This next wait is torture for me!

michellecluff said...

YAY!!!! Ash, i'm so SO so excited for you!! I hope you continue to feel better and things go well.. Good Luck!!!

Nicole Jaussi said...

Congratulations again! We are so excited for you guys. I'm glad you're feeling better and that things are going so smoothly. Let me know if you need anything.

The Armstrong Article said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you! Keep us updated on how you're doing, and if you need anything at all, just ask!

Kalin

Kris and Nat said...

YEAH that is good news. First time hearing the heartbeat is better than knowing the sex! Glad Isaac is helping you out. I only hope Cooper will be the same way when we get preggers.

Emilee said...

a tiny, very fast heartbeat is the best sound in the world :)

Audrey said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you, what a sweet little Isaac you have.

The Dansies said...

Hooray! I've been dieing to hear the official announcement! I'm so excited that all is going well for you guys. Can't wait to see you all in a couple weeks! Love ya!

Pam said...

Ha ha, you even used the title!! I love you Ash and I couldn't be happier for you!

Andrea said...

Congratulations! So happy for you, especially to hear that the sickness seems to be decreasing.

Lyme Girl said...

So glad the cat is finally out of the bag, or in this case, the chicken out of the shell. Now I don't have to watch what I say! Graphic worked great! Happy day to you, Brett and Isaac and all the tummy babies you've got going there . . . well you and Isaac I mean.

Shannon said...

Yay!!! I am so excited for you guys.

Tim & Tash said...

congrats!! It's always an exciting thing to hear that little heartbeat!! I'm looking forward to having a new baby again. I just love the newborn stage.... it just goes by to quick. Good luck, and I hope you start feeling better.

Tara said...

I am very excited for you! It looks like our little ones will be very close together! And by the way, I love Dr. Watabe! Thank you so much for telling me about him. Let me know if you need anything. I would love to see you soon! Love ya

Anonymous said...

Yay baby! Congratulations!! That is very exciting news. I'm so glad to hear you have a good little helper!

Christie said...

Congrats! I am so excited for you! Isaac is welcome to come play anytime...

Byron & Lori Orton said...

We are so excited for you!! Don't think November is too far away, it will be here before you know it. Congrats!!

Holly said...

congrats you guys. your little isaac sounds like such a sweetheart, hopefully kid #2 will follow in his footsteps. you have such a cute family. it would be great to see you guys sometime.

jackie said...

We are so excited for you! So much fun that we'll have a baby about the same time again! Hope you've been feeling better!

Jeana & Jonathan said...

Ash!!

As you already know, Jonny and I are just thrilled for you guys!! I love you so much and couldn't be more happier for you. Let me know if you need anything, anything at all! Love you!
P.S. I hope it's a girl!!!

Stacy&Chet Munns said...

Ashley, Hello long time no talk!! Congrats I am so excited for you guys, it is great to see your family growing.

Los Alexander said...

Oh my!!! Congratulations!
How exciting!
I'll make sure to go across the street and congratulate you personally now that I can:)
Cute Isaac, he is going to be a great older brother you can see the sings now.
I hope you start feeling better!