Friday, February 8, 2008

I think we've beat the sickness!


I am so glad January is gone!  This has been my little boy for a good part of January.  It was heartbreaking to see him so sick!  He would get a temperature of 104! We had gone to the doctor 3 times and FINALLY, 3rd times a charm! Not that I was thrilled to find out he had something, but I just didn't know what to do for him.  I think in the beginning it started as teething (because he did get 5 teeth in January! and I know doctor's say kids don't get fevers with teething, but Isaac does!) 

Anyways, he had gone to nursery and thats were it started. I thought he was fine and then monday morning ... sick again! It seemed to get worse as the month went on. Come to finally find out he had a terrible ear infection, nose, throat etc... which all led up to, a bronchial infection.  Through being around him all day I too got a very stuffy cold for a few weeks.  Even my own brother-in-law, Brandon didn't recognize me on the phone! We have been trying to stay in to get better. Today is the last dose of Isaac's medicine and I am proud to report how well we are both doing!  Hardly any coughing, no stuffy or runny noses, and no more infection!    

I can tell he's feeling much better cause he's back to my mischievous boy, climbing in and up things and getting into everything! Good to have him back and see him so active again! 



He was so proud of himself that he found my dental floss.  He likes to pull it out and taste it! Finally, I just keep one in my drawer that is all his! 



4 comments:

jackie said...

Sounds just like our January! McKenna's been so sick most the month and she's been getting her molers. Teething is not fun! Finally she's doing alot better and she's just like Isaac, INTO EVERYTHING! But I guess we'd rather them feeling better than not, right?

Tara said...

I love that you posted a recipe. I was thinking of doing that the other day. I have a few really good ones that I love. Your little boy is soo cute. He is getting big. When do you want to get together.

J-Dawg said...

So sorry you have been sick. Brooke and I also got the nursery curse back in January, and then I have been down all week with something awful. Thank heavens for penicillin.

Lyme Girl said...

Ashley, I LOVE your music, of course, I'm a big Music & Lyrics fan! I also LOVE your blog link within your email signature. It makes it so easy for me! Finally, I LOVE that you love your new recipe book! I sounded like something I would have done as a mom, sneaking healthy food into my kids diets.

Poor little Isaac looked so sick in the pictures. I only see him when he's recovered! I remember the sick kid days. We almost steamed the wall paper off the twins bedroom, with 2 steamers going!